Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers: Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pretty good win though kinda sloppy defensively at times. Girardi and Staal had some struggles at times against Philly's top line, but then again they're a very hard line to play against.

McDonagh was clearly rusty and AV was easing him in. Funny thing that down low 2-0 that McDonagh gave them late in the double minor was actually a really freakin good play by McDonagh, his teammate just had no idea he was going to try to give him the puck. Sometimes it's better to simplify things a bit and not rely on your teammates reading your mind but it was a good job controlling the puck and looking to make the play

Dan Boyle ain't perfect but he generally moves the puck quite well and there were times when he was jumping in and all over the play. Smart player, just has to not overpass at times on the power play

Easy to forget how good Stepan is, hope he keeps playing like that.

Kreider was having a good game to start but then things kinda fell apart for him...needs to get to the net more I think

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is the best thing to come out of our season thus far :laugh:

10411150_4836152639905_7797206086714917886_n.jpg

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
After missing training camp again, and a few week to start, Stepan has stepped into the line up without missing a beat, he's playing some of the best hockey of his career. Stepan coming back has also allowed for MSL to get back into his natural position and show everyone that he's not done being really really good at hockey just yet.
Kreider, however, looks like he's gripping his stick way too hard out there, he needs to take a deep breath and get it together

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Remember when Kevin Weekes got hurt and then never was our starter again? not that he was bad but maybe that'll happen to Glass.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McDonagh needs time to adjust but I feel he really settles down our penalty kill, and he showed great instinct jumping in on the 3 on 1.

Bright days are ahead.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Talbot had a great match for sure I would start with him tomorrow too. :)
So many penalties - we barely played 5vs5 in this game. :laugh:
Brassard and Kreider need to bounce back tomorrow with a stronger performance on the ice.
I felt that Zucc had a strong defensive game this evening, but he can improve his performance too.
LGR! :)

Marty 1000th pts. Hall of famer will be remembered from this game and great PK'ing from Rangers with 2 very important pts!

Last edited:

Minkus

Strangers
Feb 1, 2014
Houston, TX
Glass' absence made no difference today against a chippy/physical team - proof that his role is unnecessary to this team.
Stepan gets points.
Nash won't stop scoring.
Kreider is dumb. I'd switch him and Duclair next game. Let Duclair get some big minutes with the best line-mates and see how he looks, let Kreids sit a bit more and think about how his stupid penalties affect the team's momentum. (Edit: Condolences to him, but I stand by this. JT Miller on the third line. Duke on the 2nd pls.)
J. Moore is trade bait. He's still too young to be a 7th D. He needs to play, just not here.

Last edited:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Glass' absence made no difference today against a chippy/physical team - proof that his role is unnecessary to this team. .

Glass has not done his job anyway. He can't grind effectivly, barely drops his gloves and the only thing he agitates is the NYR fans. He hasn't stuck up for anybody either.

What a terrific waste of cash.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Glass has not done his job anyway. He can't grind effectivly, barely drops his gloves and the only thing he agitates is the NYR fans. He hasn't stuck up for anybody either.

What a terrific waste of cash.

yeah, I think it'll be hard for him to get back into the lineup,
because our 4th line was a lot better without him this evening.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Per brooks, kreiders granddad died today, won't be avilable tomorrow. Miller coming up.

Wow . Not making excuses but no wonder guy looked like he wasn't sharp .
Hopefully miller slides right into that line. With Stepan being such a responsible centerman defensively maybe that helps miller ? Obviously this is only short term until Kreider is back

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Only saw the first period due to the fact that my stupid DVR froze. Interesting to hear most people thought Kreider was bad - I actually thought he was one of our better forwards in the first. Must have had an AWFUL last two periods.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I think McDonagh got better as the game went on. He was definitely better than he was last year early in the playoffs when he came back last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad