Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers (3-2) [W]

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
From the GDT:

Top line was great. Lindberg and Fast as well, esp. Fast on the PP.

Strålman the top defenceman by far. Took a few risks here and there, but always sorted it out.

3 stars:

Brassard
Strålman
Zuccarello

HM: Pouliot, Fast

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Brass looked great. Made some tape to tape saucer passes that created a lot of opportunities.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
if Brassard somehow picks up where he left off last year this team will be very dangerous.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
if Brassard somehow picks up where he left off last year this team will be very dangerous.

Yup, if he keeps it up then the Rangers should realistically be able to roll out 3 good scoring lines and a solid 4th line (assuming Stepan signs)

Zucc looked good, Pouliot looked pretty good. Fast and Lindberg looked good together and solid overall. Good puck possession but didn't generate a ton of great chances. I blame Pyatt who really seemed to drag that line down, but maybe I'm just being too critical. He just doesn't seem to keep the play going all that well

I like Dorsett a lot, the Rangers need to find him enough icetime to be effective.

Didn't notice much of Yogan other than his assist but I wasn't looking for him.

McDonagh and Girardi were meh. McIlrath wasn't very good but seemed to be trying to force stuff there, like he was really just trying too hard to impress. Stralman looked good.

Dom Moore also continued to look quite good and I think will be a great addition to the team

Talbot was solid even if he could have had the first goal, it was a good shot. Biron also was good but didnt face as much work

Rangers in general seemed to be more aggressive than they have been under Tortorella. Pressured the puck more offensive and defensively, less standing around. Still rusty and sloppy in a lot of areas but looks like some potential is there

Still think this team is pretty underrated offensively if they get Stepan signed and Richards has a decent year, and the play of Fast and Lindberg makes me feel good about their depth and the future of the team

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Like Pouliot's game. Felt bad for McI. Seemed like the mistakes got into his head a little bit. Chalk it up to nerves. Hopefully he has a better game next time, assuming he isn't one of the cuts.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Call me crazy, but I believe there's a chance Kreider plays himself off the top line and ends up spending some time in the AHL while Fast earns some time on the top line

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I was very impressed by Kantor and Allen, the 2 UFA's they signed. Kantor's speed is a factor and he finishes every check and is hard on the puck. He looks like he is close to the NHL.

Allen's skating was impressive and he was able to join the rush a few times. I wouldn't put him on the same level as McDonagh or Moore but he was easily as fast as Staal or Stralman. I was surprised.

I liked the Haley-Moore-Dorsett line as an energy line. Haley was much better in this game than last night. Skated well and threw some good hits. He was PKing as well which would be a plus.

Lindberg made quite a few underrated little plays. He would easily have an effect on every game even if he isn't scoring. He reminds me a lot of Stepan with his hockey IQ and strong positional play.

McIlrath was either bad, or good. No middle ground. He was laying some good hits and clearing the crease but his pinches were ill timed.

Fast looks like a smaller version of Brassard with the way he sees the ice and controls the puck. He and Kristo are very similar as well as far as their size and overall game.

Pouliot is going to get lucky this year if he can stay on a line with Brassard and Zuccarello. They were able to make quite a few plays and buzz around the Philly zone quite a bit.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Call me crazy, but I believe there's a chance Kreider plays himself off the top line and ends up spending some time in the AHL while Fast earns some time on the top line
I dont see it. kreider has been good so far. I guess lindberg/fast are the new future and kreider is a bust lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not a big deal being that it's preseason, but we shouldn't be putting the scores in the thread titles.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was very impressed by Kantor and Allen, the 2 UFA's they signed. Kantor's speed is a factor and he finishes every check and is hard on the puck. He looks like he is close to the NHL.

Allen's skating was impressive and he was able to join the rush a few times. I wouldn't put him on the same level as McDonagh or Moore but he was easily as fast as Staal or Stralman. I was surprised.

I liked the Haley-Moore-Dorsett line as an energy line. Haley was much better in this game than last night. Skated well and threw some good hits. He was PKing as well which would be a plus.

Lindberg made quite a few underrated little plays. He would easily have an effect on every game even if he isn't scoring. He reminds me a lot of Stepan with his hockey IQ and strong positional play.

McIlrath was either bad, or good. No middle ground. He was laying some good hits and clearing the crease but his pinches were ill timed.

Fast looks like a smaller version of Brassard with the way he sees the ice and controls the puck. He and Kristo are very similar as well as far as their size and overall game.

Pouliot is going to get lucky this year if he can stay on a line with Brassard and Zuccarello. They were able to make quite a few plays and buzz around the Philly zone quite a bit.

That stick-lift in front of Talbot, awesome.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
They both played better than Kreider did yesterday and They played with Pyatt while Kreider had Nash and Richards
i though kreider and lindberg both looked good. lindberg showed good poise and kreider used his speed for good scoring chances

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I thought the Rangers looked great. Brassard seems to make a great play every time he has the puck on his stick. It's like it's on a string, unreal.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I thought the Rangers looked great. Brassard seems to make a great play every time he has the puck on his stick. It's like it's on a string, unreal.
brassard has been great since we got him. i hope we can resign him after the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad