Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers | 1/24/13 : Kill Me Now!

Championship*

The score first curse continues. This team just isn't good enough.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
500% done with the PP and lack of intensity.

On the 5-on-3, why on earth would they choose to set up Stepan with a one-timer when Gabby, Nash, and Richards are on the ice? That's just horrible strategy and defies all logic, Steps should be the one feeding them one-timers.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
500% done with the PP and lack of intensity.

On the 5-on-3, why on earth would they choose to set up Stepan with a one-timer when Gabby, Nash, and Richards are on the ice? That's just horrible strategy and defies all logic, Steps should be the one feeding them one-timers.

He was trying to set up Gaborik but the FLyers were covering him

RangersChamps2417

May 9, 2011
Northern NJ
They gotta get their s*** together ASAP. It's getting disgusting. Luckily it's only four games, but the
1-3-0 start is not what we need in the lockout season. The PP is horrible. We don't shoot enough

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
So, will this team win the Stanley Cup?

Not unless they go on a serious role like Kings did towards the end of last season. Course, they may put themselves in a massive hole.

Personally, I would bag skate the **** out of this team from tonights performance. Specifically, the forwards.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
LOIMHlh.jpg

This made me laugh for some reason. Not that happy kind either, more like the nervous kind.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Would rather go to Federal "***** me in Ass" Prison for a year than have to watch the Rangers attempt another 5 on 3. Any chance they make a rule to start declining penalties?

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Anyone who might be thinking Torts should be fired needs to know it aint gonna happen yet. Too short of a season and noone to replace him.

:laugh: everyone, calm down. there was a short camp, a non existent preseason, we lost 2 roster players (Dubi, Anisamov). Just let them play, and find their identity. If anything, and anyone, fire MIke Sullivan. The PP is horrid.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Not unless they go on a serious role like Kings did towards the end of last season. Course, they may put themselves in a massive hole.

Personally, I would bag skate the **** out of this team from tonights performance. Specifically, the forwards.

So we're making that proclamation four games into the season? :shakehead

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Everyone was bad except Lundqvist. I'm not blaming Stepan for the loss, but he's been terrible this season, along with Hags. This game was no different for those 2.

The powerplay is atrocious, nobody wants to shoot. You have to shoot on a 5-on-3, enough with the BS pass, pass, pass, then get a schitty shot on goal.

Stepan has a terrible shot. When he is getting the majority of the scoring chances, it's a problem.

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
Let's have an overreaction contest. Personally, I think Callahan should be lashed about the neck and shoulders, Richards crippled upon the rack, and Stepan launched by trebuchet.

This season has started under very odd circumstances. We've had turnover at some key positions. We have a core with an outstanding track record of success over a period of time much more substantial than these 4 games.

I'm not thrilled that they looked like a slow, sloppy mess. I'm also not particularly worried yet.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
engaging board blowup mode in 3...2...1

the awfulness continues

its hard to explain what i just witnessed

this team is hard to watch right now.

fire arod.... er.... sanchez...er... renney.... er...uh....torts.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
At least our next back-to-backs aren't until March 18-19th. By then we will have better conditioning. I think it made a big difference having 2 in the first week of the season. The team clearly isn't conditioned physically or mentally.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
After last night's promising game, such a disappointment

Can we also get rid of Del Zotto... he messes up more often than not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad