Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers | 1/24/13 : Kill Me Now!

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
inb4 everyone complains about Stepan and Cally, who are apparently becoming whipping boys, even though no forward did anything even remotely resembling being useful besides Gaborik and Pyatt.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
The good: Lundqvist
The bad: Lack of energy, weak forechecking, refusal to shoot the puck, Rupp playing top 9 minutes.
The powerplay: .

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
LOIMHlh.jpg

Holy ****. That made my night so much worse. Callahan has been terrible.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Sweet effort boys.

I'd like to give a special shout out to our captain, who has been ****ing awful this entire season.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I think we may have to start tempering our expectations a bit. I think they will still make the playoffs, but a stanley cup is probably a bit too high at this point.

We got too many issues among our forward corps, system problems, and coaching issues.

They either bring in a new assistant coach, or trade for a triggerman for the PP.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Tortorella does not know how to run a power play. Period. Disaster again.
And those shenanigans when he only iced two lines for 6 consecutive line changes - yeah smart John. Not

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Everyone was bad except Lundqvist. I'm not blaming Stepan for the loss, but he's been terrible this season, along with Hags. This game was no different for those 2.

The powerplay is atrocious, nobody wants to shoot. You have to shoot on a 5-on-3, enough with the BS pass, pass, pass, then get a schitty shot on goal.

MrAlfie

Regardless of today's game, Bickel has no business being in the NHL let alone being on this team. Void his contract or send him to the ECHL I don't care as long as he is gone.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
**** me, this team is abysmal on the power play.

Why don't they just put more shots on at net with someone pressuring the goalie in the crease. Take some ****ing chances jesus.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I'm the most optimistic son of a ***** on the boards.

Everyone was awful. Gabby, Richie, Cally, all of 'em. Gabby had a decent play or two, but outside that, no.

Defense could have been better, but not as bad as the forwards.

Still not panicking. I know it's a shortened season, but it's obscenely early.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Flat and tired looking all game long. double back to backs with no practice time isn't helping at all.

No one could handle the puck all night long, Rangers wiffed on like 3 pucks right in front of the Flyers net in the third period.

The team has no legs right now and no urgency, tough start to the season

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Terrible. Just terrible. When you can't score on a four minute pp including a 2 min 5-3, you're not going to win. The players who are supposed to be the leaders of this team should get their **** together.

We can't have Richards and Callahan playing like this.

Not too worried long term, but this is an awful start.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's too much talent here to be playing like this. There's only one position left to fix and it isn't on the ice.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I expect to get flamed for this but I am starting to believe that Torts isn't the right coach to get this team over the top. His inability to get this team playing with any sort of offensive flow and failure to strategize a competent powerplay will be his downfall.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone who might be thinking Torts should be fired needs to know it aint gonna happen yet. Too short of a season and noone to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad