GDT: Rangers @ Flames: 8:00pm MT - CBC, SN1

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The Stockton line has been pretty good tonight. I think Chiasson might have been benched (about time) Brouwer has taken the last two shifts on the top line. Nvm.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Funny, I asked that awhile ago when the lines were posted and people seemed happy to have 'a big body in front of the net'

Yup Chiasson had one bad play tonight and now he's finally gonna be the new whipping boy like people have wanted to do all year

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't even know if I want to watch after hours if Gulutzan is the guest.

I'm curious to hear what he has to say for himself.

It's honestly hard to tell when you aren't in the room. Is the system working and the players are making mistakes, or is the system flawed and the players are being exploited? Either way, he's still failing. It's his responsibility to squeeze as much as possible out of the team, and so far he hasn't.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wanted to reccommend pulling Elliott for an extra attacker wih 5 minutes left a la Hartley, but we're already useless on the man-advantage

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Yup Chiasson had one bad play tonight and now he's finally gonna be the new whipping boy like people have wanted to do all year

I don't think he's been bad by any means - he just is what he is (ie not a top 6 player). If he was on the 4th line, I'd be happy. He's a big body who plays hard.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm curious to hear what he has to say for himself.

It's honestly hard to tell when you aren't in the room. Is the system working and the players are making mistakes, or is the system flawed and the players are being exploited? Either way, he's still failing. It's his responsibility to squeeze as much as possible out of the team, and so far he hasn't.

So far all he's fed the media after our losses us cliches about how "we have to pick it up" and "work harder"

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Flames looked like they are supposed to in that third period. Why can't we ever get that team for 60 minutes?

One bad play? There were probably a dozen plays that died because of his offensive positioning, poor aim, or general lack of hockey sense. I counted exactly one good play by him all game. He sucks. Sucks suck sucks.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
So our next game is Tuesday, and as I was catching the end of the game, some lady commentator said Gully shouldn't have practices and basically say "meet you at the airport on Monday", something about paralysis by analysis. She also said maybe the leaders of the team could do something. I find myself agreeing on this and I say let the team relax and see what the leaders can do, how about you guys?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Chiasson has been useless on the top line, he got my hopes up with his play on the 4th earlier in the year, but he's not the guy to have with Johnny/Momy.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Don't get me wrong, I like him. I see a decent third liner in there. But he is basically the most mediocre player we have

I agree, Chiasson does nothing especially well. But he doesn't need to be benched or anything like some people are suggesting just because he can't build chemistry with top-line players.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Chiasson doesn't need to be benched. Let's get him back to the line with Ferland and Stajan. That line was great.

I wouldn't mind just running without a RW on the Gaudreau and Monahan line. Just leave it empty and see how the other team reacts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad