Confirmed with Link: Rangers extend F Boo Nieves

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I’ve liked him as a 4th liner this year. It’s all he’ll ever be, but it’s a good fit.

A side note... I hate the term “extend” in regards to NHL contracts. Nobody ever extends. It’s a brand new contract with different terms. /rant

I mean, technically it's a new contract but it's still a renewal. When I write a brand new insurance policy for the current year, we still call it a renewal. Are there changes? Yes. But it's a renewal and an extension (if you will) with all other terms and conditions (other than the changes) remaining the same. I think it works even if it's a bit clunky.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I mean, technically it's a new contract but it's still a renewal. When I write a brand new insurance policy for the current year, we still call it a renewal. Are there changes? Yes. But it's a renewal and an extension (if you will) with all other terms and conditions (other than the changes) remaining the same. I think it works even if it's a bit clunky.

Yeah, but renew and extend are two different things! No problem with renew.

Later this year, I'll renew my lease on my apartment, but I wouldn't say I'm extending it. The contract won't say "terms will continue"... it's a brand new document. See what I mean?

Either way, this doesn't matter. Just something that sits in the back of my brain.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Obviously has #synergy. Good signing. Nothing special ,but a young homegrown kid who knows the system.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Think about how much money that is for him next year compared to everything he's ever made. All that work. All those years. The team around him is in turmoil but that's gotta be one helluva day for the guy
Well his deal this season is for $708K in the NHL, $70K in the AHL. This new deal is also probably two-way, so it will again be dependent on whether he's in the NHL or AHL.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Well his deal this season is for $708K in the NHL, $70K in the AHL. This new deal is also probably two-way, so it will again be dependent on whether he's in the NHL or AHL.
It’s one way and I read that as he’s here to stay for next year which would be consistent with what Gorts has done w other contracts. After the next 2 seasons when the S boys and Hank are going things will change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad