GDT: Rangers @ Ducks - 7:30 PM PST

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Nothing to see, i missed 1st period but 2nd and 3rd were just enough for decent assessment.
Another 3rd liner.
Well I'm glad you're able to make your mind up about a player after 2 periods when he's missed over a month with a relatively serious injury.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I am leaning more toward keep Vatanen, trade Fowler for ransom.

I'm of that opinion as well, although I generally try to stay out of the Fowler discussions. While not really the case at the beginning of the year, Lindholm,Manson look ready to take on top matchups, which leaves Vats at best with 2nd pairing duties. I liked the overall look better with Vats in and no Cam than vice versa. Yes, I get that no one will agree with me and that's ok - just my opinion.

One overlooked aspect is how BM always talks about signing the guy that want to be there, and IIRC Sami has always talked about how he wanted to play for the Ducks and was so exited to be going there. That doesn't seem like the kind of guy BM would be in a hurry to trade.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I NEVER argued that, I supported that Fowler allows Vatanen to enhance those numbers.

Fowlers' absence and Vatanen in his role:
Vatanen: 3 pts in 13 games

SIGNIFICANTLY lower then his 37 pts in 66 games OVERALL totals.

That's a 19 pt pace per season vs a 53 pt pace per season. I understand, sample size, but once again Fowler ALLOWS Vatanen to get the sweetheart matchups. BTW, Ducks scored 35 goals in those 13 games. Yes, it's over their season average, and yes I think 19 points is a low pace for Vats.

This is something I wish more people would recognize. Fowler's ability to soak up tough matchups and still produce is invaluable for himself and everyone else. Yeah it'd be great if he were more aggressive or had a better shot, those are obvious flaws, but they're flaws that keep him from being an elite defenseman, NOT flaws that keep from being a true #1 or from being pretty easily the most reliable defenseman on the team.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
That was some piss poor execution, about as bad execution wise as the Ducks have had for several months now. Did they make a single outlet pass from the defensive zone that was clean?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad