Confirmed with Link: Rangers @ Devils - Yankee Stadium Jan 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
so, anyone think Lou will actually cave to using chrome logo?

That's the word going around, though nothing has officially been said yet. I'm surprised he managed to keep the Devils from having a new jersey designed at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if the compromise was that they still get to slap on a chromified NJ on the throwbacks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bettman: "we need you to wear a special chrome jersey"
Lou: "No"
Bettman: "How can I convince you"
Lou: "Remember that first round pick...."

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Don't care if they got out on the ice naked with that logo spray painted on their chests.

Just give us that first rounder back.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
And in other news the Blackhawks basically bring back the black pre-Winter Classic alternates, but in the weird Stadium Series template.
Bb9iIk4CEAEqYwv.jpg:large

Mory Schneideur*

And in other news the Blackhawks basically bring back the black pre-Winter Classic alternates, but in the weird Stadium Series template.
Bb9iIk4CEAEqYwv.jpg:large

Its not half bad. If our retros get that treatment, I won't be mad at all.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
from the nhl store's facebook

1468578_560022284085339_2043690415_n.jpg

i think the devils have shirts with a chrome logo, but no player numbers. i really think they will just use the regular retros. and maybe a slight chrome.

The logo is going to be chrome, I would be surprised if it isn't, and I'd expect minor alterations as well besides the stadium series patch. Whether with the trim, or the numbers ETC.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
hawks have the nicest ones

kept it simple and the chrome doesn't look too bad on their logo

edit: just saw a different angle, and it looks like Shaw is wearing a dress.

The materials still look patched up....

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The whole chrome idea reminds me of those stupid whiskey commercials starring Claire Forlani.

There are so many people are involved in bringing an idea like this to completion. You think someone along the line would maybe consider how dumb all of it is.

Mory Schneideur*

The whole chrome idea reminds me of those stupid whiskey commercials starring Claire Forlani.

There are so many people are involved in bringing an idea like this to completion. You think someone along the line would maybe consider how dumb all of it is.

Its a little stupid, but at this point it would be even more stupid for our team to be the only one to not follow along with the theme. The blackhawks are like 100 years old as an organization with a sweater that is practically sacred and they played ball without complaints.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Chrome was a bad choice.

Someone said it on the main board, but it looks really cheap.

if i had it my way....90s era jerseys

fishsticks for the islanders.

Mory Schneideur*

Chrome was a bad choice.

Someone said it on the main board, but it looks really cheap.

if i had it my way....90s era jerseys

fishsticks for the islanders.

The chrome idea wasn't bad, I got used to it. Its the screen printing which sucks and makes it look cheap on the jerseys. At least for the jerseys they should have made an attempt to make it be actual chrome or shiny instead of this screen printed t-shirt like crap.

Rags jerseys don't look bad. Overall Reebok didn't do too bad, at least its different and fresh.

2z557hh.png
2znqwax.png

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the Red SS hoodies are actually one of the very few Devils items on the new NHL international store so Ill probably pick one up

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So I just got an e-mail from shop.nhl.com to buy stadium series jerseys. They showed a Devils jersey... and it's the original red white green... NO chrome.

xSBcq8eTS2qBmJ24FUAqR1V3bqS4oTg6Pi9jB-296OQgOOIFh3TWQIbwwLabOqGZ2dnnXy1nP-InLYR0UaTkuN92ccU4sAYOXW0NooVtUryEUu1bF83HaMMZGcxwVa_L90gsc-XebFx3lx3eIIwEZyWakA=s0-d-e1-ft

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Would the present day Devils uniform look better with a vertical red or red/white stripe on both sides of the shorts?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
So I just got an e-mail from shop.nhl.com to buy stadium series jerseys. They showed a Devils jersey... and it's the original red white green... NO chrome.

xSBcq8eTS2qBmJ24FUAqR1V3bqS4oTg6Pi9jB-296OQgOOIFh3TWQIbwwLabOqGZ2dnnXy1nP-InLYR0UaTkuN92ccU4sAYOXW0NooVtUryEUu1bF83HaMMZGcxwVa_L90gsc-XebFx3lx3eIIwEZyWakA=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank God. I wouldn't wipe my ass with these stadium series jerseys. They look cheap and rushed. Lou may be a hard ass, but the man is all about tradition and that's what makes our uniform and logo special. They don't **** all over it just to jump on some cash grab. Sadly, that's what this entire stadium series is all about though.

Would the present day Devils uniform look better with a vertical red or red/white stripe on both sides of the shorts?

That's an interesting thought, but I say no. I think it would clash too much. The current look is very clean. As much as I love the retros, that wasn't something you could say about them. They're a bit messy.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The Ducks jersey is beyond awful. An orange blob of **** with a few small stripes on the sleeves? How long do you think it took to draw up this masterpiece? And the Islanders, well what else do you expect from that train wreck franchise? You know it's very bad when you can genuinely look back fondly on the fisherman jerseys. As awful as those things were, they pale in comparison to some of the **** they've worn since.

I'm all for teams taking an opportunity to play in some retro gear, but even that has been beaten to death. There is nothing special about it any more. Once a year like how NJ does it keeps it as fresh as possible. It gets stale fast when you keep rolling them out too often. You might as well change back to them if that's the case.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Ducks jersey is beyond awful. An orange blob of **** with a few small stripes on the sleeves? How long do you think it took to draw up this masterpiece? And the Islanders, well what else do you expect from that train wreck franchise? You know it's very bad when you can genuinely look back fondly on the fisherman jerseys. As awful as those things were, they pale in comparison to some of the **** they've worn since.

I'm all for teams taking an opportunity to play in some retro gear, but even that has been beaten to death. There is nothing special about it any more. Once a year like how NJ does it keeps it as fresh as possible. It gets stale fast when you keep rolling them out too often. You might as well change back to them if that's the case.

They should of had some fun with this and brought back the Mighty Ducks logo, the Burger King, Fishermen, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad