GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Which is a dumb point considering Schmid was in early vs the Caps and was pulled.
You’re right, but Vitek let in a 3rd period trickler after playing pretty well after Schmid was rightfully yanked.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
You’re not very open minded. But that’s ok.
Rangers don’t have Fox, but when your defense is clicking like theres are and you have the best goaltending in the league, missing 2 top-6 players that you have to replace with bottom-6 depth is way more impactful. Even then we were able to play an even game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
STFU bro! It’s not the goalies fault!

I would actually blame Vitek more than Akira. When Akira gets to play 11 games and has these same numbers I’ll start calling him out just as much.

It’s like Ruff knows Vitek has been horrible, but outside of the Caps game won’t throw him under the bus too bad.

But he says the same shit about him after every game, which tells me he’s well aware. Like “Our goalie made some saves, but I think there’s probably one or two he’d like back” I swear he said the same thing after the Colorado game, but he still went back to him for what became the Capitals disaster, despite Schmid sitting for a week already on a good game and there not being another game for 4 nights after that.

So yeah, Vitek probably isn’t playing next game, but he got to come back and play Washington after a game like this against Colorado. Ruff may have written that off to a really explosive team and on the road, elevation, etc.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
1700408216798.gif

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
You guys can take your sunshine and lollipops and shove them up your collective kiesters. I frigging hate those blue bastards. I woke up at 3am angry and I'm still angry.

Gtfo my lawn.

Hughes saying 'we didn't match their physicality' means Fitz should be on the phone. To whom, idk.

I'm incredibly thankful Nico and Meier didn't come back last night and that Jack Hughes's injury was more shoulder than head else we'd be looking at playing the rest of the season without them. Holtz and Mercer bloodied and mostly ineffectual.

Bahl should have taken shifts at wing and parked himself in front of Shesterkin and made life miserable for him and anyone in the corners.

McLeod, Lazar, Palat and Hughes were the only forwards able to function in that playoff atmosphere.

I hate Trouba and rat faced Trochek but they changed the narrative last night.

I don't think we need a goon, but we sure as hell need someone to make Panarin hear footsteps as soon as Trouba raises an elbow. I want that guy to frigging grown every time he sees us on the schedule bc some Claude Lemieux, Bobby Holik, Randy McKay, Turner Stevenson, Grant Marshall, Ryan Carter, Blake Coleman style pain in the ass is going to be in his hip pocket.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Rangers don’t have Fox, but when your defense is clicking like theres are and you have the best goaltending in the league, missing 2 top-6 players that you have to replace with bottom-6 depth is way more impactful. Even then we were able to play an even game.
They’re also missing their third line center who’s a good player.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah we should have traded for Lucic....oh wait that doesn't work. Guess we should have traded for Reaves. I heard he's doing great for the Leafs.

Reactions: Devs3cups

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Disappointing result, but I thought they played pretty good. Like it or not the rangers right now are arguably the best team in the league and we're dealing with injuries and goaltending issues. With that in mind i think we did alright. I can take solace in the fact that they are probably at their peak while we're still on our way up (young guys still improving, Nemec and Casey etc still to come)

The Devils right now are out of the playoffs, so it doesn't look good, but if they play just a little bit tighter, get better goaltending and get Nico and Timo back, I think they'll be fine. At the end it doesn't really matter how you get into the playoffs.
Reading summer hf i was told the rangers were old slow lav was washed. Also was told tochett and the Canucks were going to be trash. Weird

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forget the particular, but I'm pretty sure every goal that game was off an odd man rush.
It may have even been a breakaway, but he got pretty much the entire puck and then lost it.

I think the guy might have even fanned on the shot, so it wasn’t a pretty deke that opened him up.

I think the game with all the odd man rush goals was against Colorado.

Reading summer hf i was told the rangers were old slow lav was washed. Also was told tochett and the Canucks were going to be trash. Weird
Tocchet and the Canucks are wildly overachieving though.

But guess what they have that we don’t? Goaltending………

Demko has had a really hot start after a poor and injury riddled season last year.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
At some point, I suspect they make a small move. One of the Montreal goalies, Kahkonen in San Jose, or lankinen from Nashville or something like that.
I could see it, but unfortunately these are lateral moves. They don’t move the needle.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
I could give two f***s about the physicality narrative. It was not a factor aside from knocking Nosek out of the game. That Is the least of concerns considering the goaltending combined with propensity for massive breakdowns at any moment. I’m still steaming at how they let even a point slip away.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m glad someone mentioned these, the GWG was point blank just above the hash marks. That was a blocker save with a hard rebound that would have flew out to the boards, unfortunately Marino lost his man. All he had to do was lift or tie up Veseys stick.

That FO goal was annoying. The puck was just laying there and Jack did a half assed drive by stick fish and headed up ice like he was going to break out.

I thought they played well, they need to clean these little details up though.
Almost all of our players outside of the lunch pail guys do this. It results in multiple unforced turnovers every game, some days worse than others. It’s not something I see other top tier teams in the league doing regularly. I think it’s a symptom of the “fly the zone asap” philosophy that is a part of Lindy’s system. I think it’s a really immature way to play at the NHL level.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
pathetic. Vanacek is lucky it Is a quiet market or he would be deservedly getting crucified.

Almost all of our players outside of the lunch pail guys do this. It results in multiple unforced turnovers every game, some days worse than others. It’s not something I see other top tier teams in the league doing regularly. I think it’s a symptom of the “fly the zone asap” philosophy that is a part of Lindy’s system. I think it’s a really immature way to play at the NHL level.
Lot of drive-byes when it comes to checking and defending.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
pathetic. Vanacek is lucky it Is a quiet market or he would be deservedly getting crucified.

Lot of drive-byes when it comes to checking and defending.
It’s really lazy and immature. Shows a lack of commitment and attention to detail.

But that falls on the coach. Either his system demands them to do it, or the players are choosing to do it on their own and the coach isn’t capable of putting a stop to it.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
It’s really lazy and immature. Shows a lack of commitment and attention to detail.

But that falls on the coach. Either his system demands them to do it, or the players are choosing to do it on their own and the coach isn’t capable of putting a stop to it.
The coaching is bad no doubt. But the guy isn’t going anywhere seeing as he signed an extension that hasn’t even kicked in yet. And I don’t even know who the hell is out there in terms of a replacement - no Travis green is not an acceptable answer. I mean If we need structure I know a guy who is out there, but nobody is gonna like who it is so I won’t even mention a name.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah Fitz has done a good job overall but his selection of coaches and goalies have not been up to par in comparison and it’s killing the team right now it seems.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I could see it, but unfortunately these are lateral moves. They don’t move the needle.
100%.

Unfortunately, I just don't see a likely option for acquiring a real goalie in season, so I think that Fitz will continue the quantity / hot hand approach and just try to give the team an additional body who may manage to catch fire.

Reactions: Bleedred

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I guarantee you're not noticing when other teams do this. Would I argue the Devils do this more than other teams? Probably, but that's also because Jack Hughes is traditionally really, really great at it, and it's part of what makes him an exceptional player. Bratt's really good at it too.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad