GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Disappointing result, but I thought they played pretty good. Like it or not the rangers right now are arguably the best team in the league and we're dealing with injuries and goaltending issues. With that in mind i think we did alright. I can take solace in the fact that they are probably at their peak while we're still on our way up (young guys still improving, Nemec and Casey etc still to come)

The Devils right now are out of the playoffs, so it doesn't look good, but if they play just a little bit tighter, get better goaltending and get Nico and Timo back, I think they'll be fine. At the end it doesn't really matter how you get into the playoffs.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Not sure this run and gun system is working, especially with the play of our defense and goaltending. Ruff needs to institute a more defensive system. The sun is shining this morning but last night’s loss was a dam shame. I just don’t care for Ruff and Fitz is going to have to figure out our goaltending situation. I’m still pissed from last but slowly getting over it.

No Timo, no Nico, down a F, and should’ve gotten a point. The system needs work and G is a long term issue, but Luke maturing and Nemec eventually getting his shot has me chubbed. As do Jack and Jesper and Tyler’s point totals.
They had injuries too. Can’t use that as an excuse.

Last edited:

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Not sure this run and gun system is working, especially with the play of our defense and goaltending. Ruff needs to institute a more defensive system. The sun is shining this morning but last night’s loss was a dam shame. I just don’t care for Ruff and Fitz is going to have to figure out our goaltending situation. I’m still pissed from last but slowly getting over it.

They had injuries too. Can’t use that as an excuse.
Sure I can.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Disappointing result, but I thought they played pretty good. Like it or not the rangers right now are arguably the best team in the league and we're dealing with injuries and goaltending issues. With that in mind i think we did alright. I can take solace in the fact that they are probably at their peak while we're still on our way up (young guys still improving, Nemec and Casey etc still to come)

The Devils right now are out of the playoffs, so it doesn't look good, but if they play just a little bit tighter, get better goaltending and get Nico and Timo back, I think they'll be fine. At the end it doesn't really matter how you get into the playoffs.
Thing is, if they weren't going to be playing tighter when Jack and Nico were both out, when the heck will they? That was the time to do it but they still went with the same open it up pond hockey for the most part even without them.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Vitek could absorb a basic rebound for once and we don't even have to worry about the defense on that play.

Not saying you are saying that, but I'm tired of the idea that teams has to play 100% perfect hockey in front of goalies in order for them to be blamed.

Goalies are the last line of defense, hockey is a game of mistakes, you can diminish the mistakes but there'll always be some. That's what goalies are there for.

Make the basic save in a tie game with 2 minutes left. The team played well enough to win and he let the team down on that play.

This is exactly my thing too - it’s literally the goalies job to make saves when he faces shots. If their job was only to make the easy routine ones, you might as well throw any random pro level goalie in the nets.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We have lost at least now two games where it was tied middle or late on the 3rd and walked away with zero points.

This game and the game vs col. There might be another game I am forgetting. At some point this team has to really think about the long game.

I know the team looked pretty good yesterday at 3-3 and was going for it, but at some point you have to at least think about walking away with a point no matter what.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
We have lost at least now two games where it was tied middle or late on the 3rd and walked away with zero points.

This game and the game vs col. There might be another game I am forgetting. At some point this team has to really think about the long game.

I know the team looked pretty good yesterday at 3-3 and was going for it, but at some point you have to at least think about walking away with a point no matter what.

The caps comeback game where they were up going into the third and came away with zero. (Yes as you can see, I am still angry about last night. ). Another thing I am tired of is the coach referencing last season about shit like that like “well if you look back to last year, we did this or that”. Who gives a f*** it’s a brand new season and clearly has zero parallels to last season so far.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I thought so too, but we are bleeding points away against division teams.

Game seemed tilted to NJ in chances and then that panarin goal off the icing vaporized it all away. And this team letting jimmy vesey clowning us of all people - could barely get goals with us....

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Thing is, if they weren't going to be playing tighter when Jack and Nico were both out, when the heck will they? That was the time to do it but they still went with the same open it up pond hockey for the most part even without them.

They were tighter against the Pens. Whether that was because they played good or that Pens just sucked, I don't know, but they looked to be doing the right things.

Adversity helps. Maybe I'm naive, but I think they are a better team now (when healthy) than before Jack's injury. They at least know what happens if they slack off and what they need to work on. But there's still ways to go to actually execute and compete full 60mins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The caps comeback game where they were up going into the third and came away with zero. (Yes as you can see, I am still angry about last night. ). Another thing I am tired of is the coach referencing last season about shit like that like “well if you look back to last year, we did this or that”. Who gives a f*** it’s a brand new season and clearly has zero parallels to last season so far.
I think I remember what goalie was in net for us in the 3rd period of all of those games.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
The Rags got lucky last night. Ranger fans did not go to sleep thinking they are better than the Devils. I actually slept like a baby, not them. We played very well. Some might say "not good enough" but you cannot prevent luck. That Panarin goal was a 1 in a million shot to slip over Vanecek's shoulder on a 1 time wrister. That was nonsense.

Look how Hughes dictated the play all night. He is our player for years to come. he will bring us success alone just like Crosby did with the Penguins.

The addition of that brut Toffoli alone this year will bring happiness. I am not the guy who keeps saying it is only game 10 or game 20 like those annoying forum members that happened to be wrong for a decade, but this team only needs a little tinkering.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

The game losing goal starts as a 1 on 3 and then Marino just loses a battle. Soft rebound which of course has to bounce right within reach of a Ranger. Just an unfortunate sequence.

I was more annoyed by the goal directly off the faceoff, which also was more great fortune for them with Jack not getting a stick on the loose puck.

A couple small things break one way and we get zero points.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

Colorado Arizona Washington. It’s a lot

Reactions: Whaddagoal

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The game losing goal starts as a 1 on 3 and then Marino just loses a battle. Soft rebound which of course has to bounce right within reach of a Ranger. Just an unfortunate sequence.

I was more annoyed by the goal directly off the faceoff, which also was more great fortune for them with Jack not getting a stick on the loose puck.

Ya I'm a little foggy at the moment, and I should go rewatch the replay, but I think I remember this play and if it's the one I'm thinking, there is no way the Ranger should have won that puck.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

I’m glad someone mentioned these, the GWG was point blank just above the hash marks. That was a blocker save with a hard rebound that would have flew out to the boards, unfortunately Marino lost his man. All he had to do was lift or tie up Veseys stick.

That FO goal was annoying. The puck was just laying there and Jack did a half assed drive by stick fish and headed up ice like he was going to break out.

I thought they played well, they need to clean these little details up though.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don’t think he was brought in to be the starter. I’m 100% convinced the hope was Blackwood was going to both get back to where he was and stay healthy while he was doing it.

I think Vitek was brought in to be the guy that could be a starter if that did not happen with Blackwood and it didn’t.

Best case I think he was brought in to be a 1b goalie with Blackwood. I’m not saying he was brought in to play only 30 games a year, but I do believe the hope was that Blackwood could rebound and Vanecek was nice insurance behind him and a decent option if Blackwood blew up again.

Not to mention he was an upgrade on the linkes of Gillies, Daws, Hammond, Wedgewood and the very green and amateurish Schmid. But I don’t believe he was brought here to be the starter, unless it was out of necessity, which it ended up being that way.

The team wanted Blackwood to get back to where he once belonged?

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
F_TnkJsWAAEQYP3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad