Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Detroit: We have other forwards?

Wolfy*

That was an exiting game.
Congratulations to Talbot for his 1st NHL win and to Zucc for his first goal of the year.

So happy for them. After some bad luck for Zucc, he saved a point for us. Then Brass fixed the other :)

Finally we're on track! :yo:

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
So happy for them. After some bad luck for Zucc, he saved a point for us. Then Brass fixed the other :)

Finally we're on track! :yo:
Now we go home. If we can win the next 2 that will be huge. Then we should get both hagelin and callahan back.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not the hero we deserved - the hero we needed.

BV8O3ztIgAAcb_Y.jpg

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Good effort. We comitted some terrible turnovers that are really bothering me.

Krider & Zuc had soild games. Krieder was really skateing & going hard to the net. Both guys were making things happen.

The kid played well in net again.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Consistency is the challenge in sports. Can they play this way in the home opener?
Sure hope so.
For once, I'd like to see them skate with the Canadiens. Not sure if they can, maybe?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Consistency is the challenge in sports. Can they play this way in the home opener?
Sure hope so.
For once, I'd like to see them skate with the Canadiens. Not sure if they can, maybe?
i think they will be amped up. the last 2 games they have played really hard and finally the goals broke through

Drewbackatu*

Good effort. We comitted some terrible turnovers that are really bothering me.

Krider & Zuc had soild games. Krieder was really skateing & going hard to the net. Both guys were making things happen.

The kid played well in net again.

The kid deserves to start in the home opener but management wouldn't dare hurt Hank's feelings.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Poo and Zuccs earned a spot on the roster for the next game. Pyatt earned a spot in the press box. Play Mash until Hags comes back.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Good effort and showed some resiliency despite being down and Howard shutting them down. Hopefully they can outwork opponents on a more consistent basis.

Add Prospal to the mix and the cup is ours. :sarcasm:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Poo and Zuccs earned a spot on the roster for the next game. Pyatt earned a spot in the press box. Play Mash until Hags comes back.

I was at the game and it was a great team win. I kept on thinking for the love of God they deserve 2 pts come on.

yea I wanted to kill Pyatt, I already don't like him and he took stupid penalties that almost cost the team. His line was actually good though. I thought Dorsett was solid. I also kept thinking his would be a good 4th line with everyone healthy

All in all great night!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Some thoughts:

Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett are a really good line. Pyatt looks like an actual NHL'er with those two helping him.

Great win. Felt really good about it.

Kreider has been a beast these two games. It's a shame he has no goals to show for it.

REALLY nice to see Poul, Zucc, and Brass scoring. I've been very hard on them and it's nice to see them gaining some confidence.

It's very encouraging that Jimmy Howard puts up a brilliant performance in net, but the boys still find a way to win. I honestly thought after his save on Boyle this would be a shutout.

Never. Ever. Put Del Zotto on the powerplay again. HORRIBLE.

Stepan has been.......so...........average. Ugh.

Fast played a great defensive game today. He is very versatile, which is almost a must in the new NHL. But god, he needs top 6 minutes or time in Hartford. Mentally he's ready, imo.

I can seriously blow a load to that pass Pouliot gave to Brassard on the GWG. Beautiful.

Cam Talbot has been spectacular two games in a row. Loving this kid.

Can we do it again against Montreal? Thank god this **** fest is over.

LGR

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's
Not hard to tell that we won, only 5 pages of comments in the PGT. Played a solid game, but its all for not if we don't come out balls to the wall in the home opener.
Congrats to Cam on the W.

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all,

I am anxious to hear from the Ranger fan base your thoughts on if this team has what it takes to go all the way this season? This was a very strong showing from the boys in blue (White tonight lawl) tonight against a high quality opponent in the Detroit Red Wings. It has given me a lot of confidence in this group of resilient gentlemen. It has impressed immensely what this team has been able to accomplish without the best goalie in the league, their best scorer, their best captain, their best 2nd line left winger, and their best coach.

Cheers,

Conine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad