Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Detroit: We have other forwards?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The Rangers are pretty easy to predict this year. When they play hard...with effort (as Joe Micheletti mentions in that video) they play a damn good game. When they coast and dont give a crap, they SUUUCCCKKKK.

It's why we were such an effective team with Torts...the effort was there on almost every night.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hi all,

I am anxious to hear from the Ranger fan base your thoughts on if this team has what it takes to go all the way this season? This was a very strong showing from the boys in blue (White tonight lawl) tonight against a high quality opponent in the Detroit Red Wings. It has given me a lot of confidence in this group of resilient gentlemen. It has impressed immensely what this team has been able to accomplish without the best goalie in the league, their best scorer, their best captain, their best 2nd line left winger, and their best coach.

Cheers,

Conine

Meh...the effort level of this team tonight was fantastic. most nights it looks like Rec Hockey where nobody gives 2 craps about winning, losing, etc...they just care about the beer in the parking lot after the game is over.

High And Wide*

So just like 11-12, we only have 3 wins in our first 9 games. You know what comes next.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
BTW....Talbot has already played 2 games better than pretty much any game Biron has played as a Ranger. Biron never made the great save to keep you in games when you didnt deserve it...Talbot has done several (granted the team played great tonight in front of him....but awful against Philly).

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Kreiders grew up for this game. Played great

yea he did look good. Talking out of my ass here but if they can get healthy and have say Kreider, Brassard, Nash then Richards, Stepan, Callahan in the top 6 then the others should look better in the bottom 6.

Hagelin, Boyle, Dorsett for example could look rather good

not sure how Pouliott, Moore, Zuccarello would do as a 4th line though. That's why they keep a guy like Pyatt cause hes more of a boards guy

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Great team effort..

Happy that those who needed to score did, keep it up..

Zuke's goal wasn't pretty but it showed heart and dedication..

CAM looked great out there..

Kreider played his best game of the season..

Did Stepan Even play? Didn't notice him at all..

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kreider was a beast tonight. He was all over the ice. If he plays like that, he's going to be a very big piece of this team. And I must say Kreider playing engaged as he did tonight is >>> to JT Miller at this point in time. Still think Miller is very raw.

Richards and Stepan were good tonight. Stepan looked better tonight than he has in any game. Richie looked good again, especially on the PP.

You know who else was noticeably good tonight? Derek Dorsett. He was extrememly effective on the fore check and cycling the puck down low and he had a few scoring chances. That is exactly what we need from him. Boyle looked very good as well.

Pouliot looked better, good effort on the goal and a great second effort to swat that puck to Brassard for the GWG, but still he looks disinterested at times. He looked much better tonight though.

And if this is the real Talbot then he will be a solid back up to Henrik. Good for him, he had a very strong game and made a lot of key saves.

Honestly, the only player who stood out as bad was Pyatt. Those penalties were weak, possibly weak calls, but still. And I still can't figure out why he is killing penalties. He's too slow and I'm not a fan of him on PK.

Overall, this was a very solid effort. I hope the boys can play with this type of urgency in the home opener. Apparently they need to play every game with desperation and as if it is them trying to end a losing streak. Whatever they need to do to motivate themselves, if they can play with this type of effort, this can be a GOOD hockey team.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I said it already, but I really hate that Chris has no goals to show for his awesome play. In my mind he was far-and-away the best Ranger forward through the first two periods. I hope he keeps this ridiculous confidence level up.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The Rangers are pretty easy to predict this year. When they play hard...with effort (as Joe Micheletti mentions in that video) they play a damn good game. When they coast and dont give a crap, they SUUUCCCKKKK.

It's why we were such an effective team with Torts...the effort was there on almost every night.

It varied from season to season, month to month, game to game and shift to shift.

The Rangers under Torts were maddeningly inconsistent. Not saying it was his fault. Just saying that's how it was.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Cam Talbot! Well deserved, he kept us in the game in that first period even though he let up one in the first, big saves, and great on the rebound control.

Drewbackatu*

I said it already, but I really hate that Chris has no goals to show for his awesome play. In my mind he was far-and-away the best Ranger forward through the first two periods. I hope he keeps this ridiculous confidence level up.

He was easily the best forward for us tonite. If he continues to play this way, the goals will come.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
BTW....Talbot has already played 2 games better than pretty much any game Biron has played as a Ranger. Biron never made the great save to keep you in games when you didnt deserve it...Talbot has done several (granted the team played great tonight in front of him....but awful against Philly).

This is not true at all....

Biron has played lights out for this team several times.

Sure talbot is good, not worth throwing biron under the bus, though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Come on now. Biron was good for us in 2010 and 2011. Especially in 2010.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
The wheels fell off of Biron halfway through the 11-12 season, before that he was about as good a backup as there was. Talbot has looked calm and confident in these 2 games though, and if he continues to play this way Hank should take his time getting healthy and make sure hes 100% when he comes back.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The wheels fell off of Biron halfway through the 11-12 season, before that he was about as good a backup as there was. Talbot has looked calm and confident in these 2 games though, and if he continues to play this way Hank should take his time getting healthy and make sure hes 100% when he comes back.

Exactly. There's no need for people to **** on him now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Except last year....

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider was good again. He took it to another level last night. He was a force. He may not have scored a goal but he definitely wore down Detroit so when other lines came on the ice they could take advantage. I hope this continues from Kreider. Also he is getting good scoring chances. The puck will find the twine sooner rather than later.

Talbot was also even better than he was in Philly. Hats off to him, he was stellar.

It is about damn time Brassard, Zucc, and Pouliot hit the scoresheet. Hopefully it gets all three of them going. Pouliot looked more hungry out there. Extra effort plays on his goal and the assist to win the game.

Detroit is no slouch of a team. They have some world class forwards. Great effort.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
So today and tomorrow the Rangers are winning the Cup again. They have followed their other two wins with bad games. Richards doesn't seem to have the same jump in his legs as he did in the first few games. He can't be tired playing 2 games in 3 nights after having 5 days off. They need more from Derek. Kreids played his best game as a pro. He got the wake up call. The goals will come. Talbot played very well again. The Rangers have him signed for next season at a very cheap number.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Oh is this a good team again?

Completely glad they earned those two points, but they have a lot more to prove yet. Winning one game doesn't make the rest of the season so far disappear.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
BP was amazing this game. His play with the GWG was phenomenal. Brassard and Zucc got the goals and that makes me happy. Talbot had a good game. Now we play at home, finally!

First game at MSG, on my birthday, monday!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad