Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Detroit 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Rangers played a great game for sure. Wings less so: they are capable of so much more, even if they carried the play on some shifts. Howard stole this one for us. And also it's ill-advised to take penalties against the best PP in the league.

Those of you praying to meet the Wings in playoffs... Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Rangers played a great game for sure. Wings less so: they are capable of so much more, even if they carried the play on some shifts. Howard stole this one for us. And also it's ill-advised to take penalties against the best PP in the league.

Those of you praying to meet the Wings in playoffs... Be careful what you wish for.

If last night was any indication (which likely wasn't), I'm not going to be worried that much in the playoffs. Howard won't steal 4 games for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
Mcdonagh was the one with the awful turnover up the middle on first goal Yandle wasn't on the ice

Mcdonagh was awful last night. Love this kid but he's been so hot/cold its maddening

He really wasn't awful. Aside from that one turnover which had a bad result, he was good.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah, not sure where any of the Wings fans are getting these ideas from. Nobody is saying they're a cupcake team and nobody wants to meet them in the playoffs.

I do however think it's funny that they're blaming their teams game on their team exclusively. NYR didn't give them much time to do anything.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He really wasn't awful. Aside from that one turnover which had a bad result, he was good.

People are weirdly overly critical of McDonagh this year. He's not playing up to the level he showed last year but he's hardly awful on a game to game basis. For every poor play he makes, he also makes like 5 very good ones that no one talks about because they just expect him to make those all the time now

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, not sure where any of the Wings fans are getting these ideas from. Nobody is saying they're a cupcake team and nobody wants to meet them in the playoffs.

I do however think it's funny that they're blaming their teams game on their team exclusively. NYR didn't give them much time to do anything.

It's always tough...there's a fine line between a team playing badly and a team getting outplayed because the other team is just better that night. I feel like the Rangers were just better last night than the Wings but that doesn't mean it'll be the same way every game they play each other. And they still lost, so that's no good.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

All three games between the teams this season have been close, with the home team winning all three. A playoff series could go either way and could come down to whoever has home ice advantage. You guys also didn't face Hank in either of your victories.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's always tough...there's a fine line between a team playing badly and a team getting outplayed because the other team is just better that night. I feel like the Rangers were just better last night than the Wings but that doesn't mean it'll be the same way every game they play each other. And they still lost, so that's no good.

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. Just seems like the main point of the Wings fans who have popped in is that they were really sloppy last night but they usually aren't. I'm just suggesting that good teams are rarely sloppy due to nothing but their own random and sudden inability to do what they usually do. The pressure went both ways IMO. Both teams were sloppier than they usually are.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara

No the Rangers didn't at all. They did a very good job of stopping everything at the blueline. Their sticks were very active tonight, and aside from a couple instances, everything was kept outside.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I've lurked over 5-6 pages of this thread and found at least 4-5 mentions how the Rangers would have a field day with these Wings. Allow me to assure you: (1) I didn't make it up (why would I?) and (2) this will not be the case.

Man, the Wings were sloppy last night! Very uncharacteristic of them, with the exception of Smith, of course.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I've lurked over 5-6 pages of this thread and found at least 4-5 mentions how the Rangers would have a field day with these Wings. Allow me to assure you: (1) I didn't make it up (why would I?) and (2) this will not be the case.

Man, the Wings were sloppy last night! Very uncharacteristic of them, with the exception of Smith, of course.

I would think that the majority of those posts stem from frustration after a tough loss.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

And you are?

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara

And you think none of that had to do with the way the Rangers played them? Not saying that the weeks would be easy at all, we're talking about two very good teams here... but it just seems like you're blaming the play of the wings on an off night as opposed to the Rangers ( a very good team) playing them well.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I am gratified to see that last nights overtime loss did not breathe new life into the "THIS A BAD HOCKEY TEAM THREAD".

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
OTL aside that was a really well played game. Both teams are primed for runs, really well coached, very fast, and mistake free.

This was a game where mistakes compounded into goals.

1st GA was McD turning it over on a soft back hand toss after feeling pressure in a very JMoore like manner... Cam over playing the shooter, and then G not getting to his man's stick.

2nd GA was Step not getting puck in deep, then not moving his feet and getting goaded into a penalty. Nyqvist played cheap on that one but it worked. A bad bounce then goes the way of DET.

I thought the Rangers outplayed DET, but at moments got a little too cute in offensive zone.

Needed to grind more but they were willing to go back and forth. I don't have a problem with a OTL since this was a well played game. Several key benchmark games coming up.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
OTL aside that was a really well played game. Both teams are primed for runs, really well coached, very fast, and mistake free.

This was a game where mistakes compounded into goals.

1st GA was McD turning it over on a soft back hand toss after feeling pressure in a very JMoore like manner... Cam over playing the shooter, and then G not getting to his man's stick.

2nd GA was Step not getting puck in deep, then not moving his feet and getting goaded into a penalty. Nyqvist played cheap on that one but it worked. A bad bounce then goes the way of DET.

I thought the Rangers outplayed DET, but at moments got a little too cute in offensive zone.

Needed to grind more but they were willing to go back and forth. I don't have a problem with a OTL since this was a well played game. Several key benchmark games coming up.

I definitely think we outplayed DET. They are a good team. They wouldn't be a cakewalk in a playoff series, that is for sure. However, I feel confident that we would beat them. I think we match up well and I believe our great PK would do a good job of shutting down what is an absurdly lethal power play.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
this is the **** I like to see:

OZ/DZ Zone starts.

Dominic Moore 0/9

Jesper Fast 0/8

James Sheppard 0/8

No more Glass taking away OZS from the other lines.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

I don't know what clicked for them but they've been spectacular lately.

Nash is good upgrade over Pouliot.

First game Ive missed all season, and it sounds like it was one of the best games of the year, sucks.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Nash is good upgrade over Pouliot.

First game Ive missed all season, and it sounds like it was one of the best games of the year, sucks.

And it would have been better had the RWs been called for half of the interference/obstruction they were guilty of! We would have destroyed them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad