Confirmed with Link: Rangers Claim Roman Hamrlik

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Nash, Lindros, Berard, Daigle, Lafleur, Lawton and.....

Doug Wickenheiser

Crap. Lawton. I should have had that one.

Never would have gotten Wickenheiser. My knowledge of #1 picks extends only to Hawerchuck. Who I loved.

Still have no idea why I thought Murphy played for the Rangers.

Wait, found it.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/11/13/s...ree-agent-wing-to-bruins-and-feel-jilted.html

I really thought he played at least one game. Amazing he can have such an impact without ever playing.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I thought Hamrlik looked just fine for a 38 year old that hadn't played in a month. You could see he wasn't in game shape, but you could also see him use his experience and knowledge of the game to anticipate plays and defuse dangerous situations.

Between him and Eminger, I'd be feeling a lot better about our D - if it wasn't for Staalsy's injury. As it is, I don't think the unit is the strength that it would be if he were healthy, but by the same token, I no longer think the bottom pair is the weakness it was with Gilroy and Bickel.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
His skating is awful. But he was so good with his stick and body position that it didn't matter tonight. That bodes well for the future.

The word that comes to mind is "wily"

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Yea I thought he looked pretty good, especially given te fact that he was shaking off some rust stepping in with a new team in a fast paced high tempo game.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think this is going to turn into quite a solid pick up.. #6 dman when Staal gets back playing 16 min a game?

Apr 10, 2012
he's slow, but he is fine short distances because of the size. looked adequate for a 6d. hope he ends up as our #6 when staal returns. have a feeling he's going to be more reliable than gilroy or eminger and obviously better than stuart bickel. smart positioning. smart player.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I thought Hamrlik looked just fine for a 38 year old that hadn't played in a month. You could see he wasn't in game shape, but you could also see him use his experience and knowledge of the game to anticipate plays and defuse dangerous situations.

Between him and Eminger, I'd be feeling a lot better about our D - if it wasn't for Staalsy's injury. As it is, I don't think the unit is the strength that it would be if he were healthy, but by the same token, I no longer think the bottom pair is the weakness it was with Gilroy and Bickel.

Yeah, and the immidate upside with Hamrlik is huge insurance if McD would go down in the future. Like what do we do if two of Staal, Girardi and McD are injured at the same time? I mean, we can't calculate on a bunch of injuries at one position at the same time, but these guys are in the shooting lane every night and all have had some troubles lately.

Hamrlik will have good and bad nights as a 6th D. He would have good and bad nights as a top 4 D too, you can't play Stu Bickel as a top 4 D and Gilroy probably only would have avg and bad nights as a top 4 D.

I gotta say though, I think Emminger has been fine lately.

Dorado*

Slow and out of shape but smooth and position ally sound . His knowledge and economy of movement is a plus . He's going to have to get in game shape in next few weeks. Would like Gilly paired with him to add mobility as Eminger always looks like he's on roller skates but de adds a physical dimension Gilly doesn't have

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
Emminger was standing still last night on the grabner and was looking really bad. He shold have taken a penalty there imo and take the guy down. This was just embarrassing. So I do not agree he is a good fill in I personally rather see Gilroy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad