Confirmed with Link: Rangers claim Puempel off waivers

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hmm, interesting. I knew they liked him during his draft year, but he hasn't really done much since then. Doesn't he have to stay with the big club now?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Would've rather given Hrivik a chance :dunno:

He is a good skater though which fits the system.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He can at least play a solid bottom 6 game. may show offensive flashes down the road but hasn't shown much of that at the nhl level yet.
Good luck to him. He could be useful, not a bum.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'll take him. Good AHL player, good wheels, and still young enough that there's the possibility of him catching on.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Bad news on Buchnevich incoming?

EDIT - Actually, I'm not so certain about this. I'd wager this is more in reaction to the Zib injury. It's likely the Rangers put the claim in on Puempel before Buch's MRI even happened.

Last edited:

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Was very high on him throughout his draft year. With the caveat of this having something to do with Buch's MRI, I'm pleased with this.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Or bright side, maybe Buch is ready and they're trading Lindberg for Honka or Montour :cheers:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He's definitely better than Lindberg at this point so that's a clear upgrade. And no one standing out in Hartford. Inlike nieves but he needs time looks raw

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Guys, no need to relate Buch to Puempel. The later was placed on waivers yesterday so it's not like Gorton just made a claim five minutes before the deadline.

I don't think the two have anything to do with each other. They've probably liked him since his draft year and kept an eye on him.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV will speak at 5pm, as per usual with 7pm start times, so I guess we'll find out more about Puempel and Buch then.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Free depth. The Rangers have a ton of contract slots available. He's shown he can score at the AHL level. The Ranger need bodies and he's only 23. No risk here.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Guys, no need to relate Buch to Puempel. The later was placed on waivers yesterday so it's not like Gorton just made a claim five minutes before the deadline.

I don't think the two have anything to do with each other. They've probably liked him since his draft year and kept an eye on him.

Yea but he would have to clear waivers. Why pick him up if it's not to replace someone who went down. Since Z Bad is a center this has to be a Buch replacement.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
With multiple injuries up front, it seems like a good time to claim a former 1st rounder who hasn't been able to carve out a spot in the NHL. See if he can stick, and if not, he goes back on waivers. At the very least he's a warm body for practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad