Confirmed with Link: Rangers claim F Jake Leschyshyn

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Panties in a twist because of a waiver claim on a guy who will be 15th or 16th on the forward depth chart and be playing in Hartford.

Hartford depth and a flier on a young-ish player. 63 career games. Keep him here until Kreider comes back as the extra body just in case then he's down to Hartford. It was either that or have Rydhal or Carpenter being called up to not play and obviously the organization wants them playing in Hartford.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

This is kind of what I see when reading a bit on him and looking at stats and scouting reports. May not be 'sexy' but he seems to project as a 4C. I wonder if the team asked about him in the Howden deal and saw him available for free

This dude can't even help Hartford much less the Rangers. <barf>

He was 2nd on their AHL team last year in points per game and goals per game at 22 years old. IF he could be sent down, he'd definitely help down there...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This guy completely f***ing rips ass right now, emphasis on right now.

We'll see how it goes.

If they're going to play him on Hartford and see what he can do, still only 23, maybe he becomes a contributor, then whatever.

If they expect him to play for the Rangers this year for more than a cup of coffee, I'm concerned.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, I'm just going to place this here and say nothing. You do with it what you like.

download (22).png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sometimes guy need a change of scenery. Obviously things had stagnated for Leschyshyn. Maybe he figures something out in a new organization. I'm not holding my breath, but it's a lottery ticket on a guy who's cheap and controllable and only a few years back was considered to be a potential solid two-way center.

If he sucks as bad as it seems, I'm sure they'll waive him and go find someone else.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Honestly this strikes me as the type of move where either a) he'll be in Hartford in three weeks or b) in three weeks I'll log in to Twitter and see people posting a bunch of charts about how actually this guy isn't totally awful, or is at least better than (insert other player we hate at that time).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This could be as simple as the Rangers not wanting to pull up someone from Hartford with their injuries and the fact that they are actually starting to play well and see Lecshecheyehchehcn as comparable to Carpenter for the time being too.

Reactions: cwede and Ruggs225

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1