Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals Game 6 | 5/10/15 (continued...MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My point about the lines is he changed them most of the regular season...he really never had solidified lines all year...just like Oates.

The problem is that the 1st line and the depth can never be productive at the same time. The playoffs are a good example of that. Sometimes Ovi and Nicky do all the work offensively and sometimes they remain quiet and the secondary scoring steps up.

It really sucks that we can't get everyone to do their share offensively for just one game.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I really wish I was an optimist. I would be happier...

Butt nooooo, I gotta be all realistic and crap

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Painful game to watch only because we have seen this same script over and over again.

You know there a few common cast members on this team and at some point you have to look at them...just saying.

:help:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
no-607x341.jpg

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Still don't get the Ovie flaming. He was dynamic tonight. Created tons of chances. That's all the guy can do when New York's top defensive priority is not allowing him a clean shot.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Still don't get the Ovie flaming. He was dynamic tonight. Created tons of chances. That's all the guy can do when New York's top defensive priority is not allowing him a clean shot.

And if people are making excuses for all kinds of passengers via hitting and physicality, Ovie accomplished more on that hit on Mcdonagh than Johansson has in his life.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
What about you Ovi ? Channeling your inner Rick Nash ? No, that wouldn't work, even that loser scored tonight.
Ovechkin plays really well, a chances production line. The guy from your nickname though should step up really fast, or the 1st line isn't working at all.
Should've just moved to the series thread IMO.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Don't players like Kane and Perry see the other team's top defensive pair as well? Doesn't the other team come to stop those players as well? Yet they have come through, repeatedly in both their series. Sorry, but we need the same from Ovi. Doesn't matter who the other team puts on you, you're a supposed star in this league? Then score.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Just looked at some elimination games for the Caps. Holtby lacks composure, but interestingly enough Lucic in one of them bulls his way into the crease, stands there and Holtby kicks over his pad gets caught on Lucic's leg and the Bruins score. Which of course counts.

Then the next round, Gaborik takes a slapshot, Holtby goes to kick over and runs into Hagelin in the crease and the puck goes in.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
I'm sorry for your health problems.

Obviously watching a bunch of grown men skate around and whack at a puck for entertainment pales in comparison with what you are going through.

I'd gladly trade the Caps crashing and burning for you to just be healthy again.

Well at least I am also a Wings fan, so that was a heaping bowl of awesome.Admitedly started watching the Caps due to Ovi's amazing passion/skill.

People who don't think you can be fan enough for 2 teams can suck it.Noone tells me how to enjoy hockey.

apologies for botched quote as other thread closed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ovechkin plays really well, a chances production line. The guy from your nickname though should step up really fast, or the 1st line isn't working at all.

Nah. We've done this before. The series thread should be series talk, not typical post-game venting and lamenting.

You're welcome to post in the series thread, though. It's open.

tmljeh19*

I see the loser locker room speeches are on point tonight. Never choke those away.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
My possible game 7 scenarios:
1: we get absolutely destroyed (throwback 2 years). Lose 5-0
2: we go down early by a couple of goals, and stage a comeback and score 3 goals with less than 10 minutes, only to fall 1 goal short and lose 5-4
3: we head into the 3rd down 2-1 and get a thousand chances and can't bury any of them and lose 2-1
4: we go up by 1 heading into the 3rd and we play amazing defensively until someone gets a double minor for high sticking with 10 seconds left and the Rangers tie with like 2 seconds left and win it on the remaining powerplay in overtime and we lose 3-2

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

He gets paid to score. He hasn't done that since game 2, hence the blame he receives.

His hit on McDonagh is his best play of the game. I'll give him credit for that.

Backstrom has been a non factor since the Isles series. He has been worse than Ovi.
Ovi actually won game 1 for us at least.

tmljeh19*

2: we go down early by a couple of goals, and stage a comeback and score 3 goals with less than 10 minutes, only to fall 1 goal short and lose 5-4
3: we head into the 3rd down 2-1 and get a thousand chances and can't bury any of them and lose 2-1
4: we go up by 1 heading into the 3rd and we play amazing defensively until someone gets a double minor for high sticking with 10 seconds left and the Rangers tie with like 2 seconds left and win it on the remaining powerplay in overtime and we lose 3-2

So we lose. You could have said that and saved time.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004

Sounds about right.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013

Ovi needs to shut his mouth. He's not going to be able to deliver and the media is going to **** on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad