Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals Game 3 5/4/15 7:30pm (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL DC & NY FANS READ)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's amazing how you could just change the names to Ovechkin, Semin and Green, McPhee and BB and it would be identical to 2010.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/05/if-rangers-dont-make-this-key-adjustment-theyre-in-trouble/

Larry Brooks shouldn't be taken seriously, ask any Rangers fan. Torts got into a heated argument with him.
He's just a sensationalist.

The Rangers are in trouble if they don't adjust to the shutdown defense of the Caps. In other news, the sky is blue.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
I should have taken more time with the original post on this article. At the time, the Caps were chastised for being a perimiter team, for being soft, young, you name it, even though they had the Presidents Cup and were playoff favorites. Rangers are a beautiful, talented regular season team, but just like that Caps team, is not built for the heavy game required in the NHL playoffs. Yet here is Brooks (yes he has major flaws) praising the Rangers for the same style that got those Caps to where they were.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
He was way too far away from the net to be trying a wrap around. I think he was trying to dump the puck out front and missed perfectly.

Beagle said he was trying to "put it on net because he knew guys were crashing there."

During the game it was predicted by some the humble Beagle would in postgame give credence to your theory and chalk it up to dumb luck, and by me that he was actually trying to bounce if off the back of Lundqvist's leg. Probably neither theory quite works given Beagle's comments, the more I think about it.

But I'm still giving credit more to Beagle than to dumb luck. It was smart to put it where he put it when he put it there and, with a small contribution from some dumb luck, a Beagle playoff game-winner. Probably the first of many.

See the very important Jay Beagle postgame press conference here.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Work with me here. How can you not like Jay friggin' Beagle scoring a playoff game-winner? If credit can be given, I say let's give it. I don't want this to be remembered as a mere fluky goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad