Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals Game 3 5/4/15 7:30pm (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL DC & NY FANS READ)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
winterclassic3.jpg

texas-rangers-alternate-logo-primary.jpg

Game 3 @ 7pm

Expected Lineups

Caps
Ovechkin Backstrom Ward
Joehansen Kuznetsov Chimera
Burakovsky Beagle Brouwer
Laich Latta Wilson

Orpik Carlson
Alzner Niskanen
Gleason Green

Holtby
Grubauer

Rangers
Nash Brassard Louis
Kreider Stepan Miller
Hagelin Kelvin Hayes Fast
Glass Moore Shepard

McDonagh Girardi
Stall Boyle
Yandle Klein

Lundqvist

2cftchl.gif
shiningloyd-246x300.jpg

AxofPfO.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
6i63ns.jpg

MOD WARNING: VISITING FANS HERE TO DO MORE THAN SAY "GOOD LUCK" WILL LIKELY BE BOOTED AND/OR INFRACTED. CAPS FANS SHOULD REPORT TROLLS AND NOT RESPOND TO THEM AS IT CREATES MORE WORK AND RISKS INFRACTION AS WELL.

Last edited by a moderator:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The first goal is massive again so hoping for a good start...

OVs Gold Chain*

1st period should be very entertaining. Trotz has done a fantastic with match-ups and last change so far, I think we'll see plenty of 8/19 vs Boyle.

And the hits. Oh will there be some glorious hits tonight.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think they're going to focus on Kuz a lot more. Someone else needs to do damage.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think its time for Green to get shots on net and stop looking to pass so much. He has been on the puck with space, but I want to see him score goals. It's why he is here. Yes he has 2 ES assists and we are thrilled with that, but it's time to use that EBay twig for a goalah.

Green and Chimera, 2-1.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
BTW, why isn't Ward on the PP instead of Brouwer? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense now that he's on the top line?

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I think we might have a more open game, Tampa style from yesterday but thrilling the home crowd

I'll go Caps 5-2, after the Rags scoring first I might add

Carlson x2, Ovi, Beagle and Willy !

how do you like dem apples :handclap:

crystal balls aside, crush some Rags

Lets go Caps !

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I think Caps will bring the heavy heat tonight versus on the road, they did the same vs the isles it seemed.

More hitting at home. More conservative on the road :dunno:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
BTW, why isn't Ward on the PP instead of Brouwer? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense now that he's on the top line?

Of course it does. I have long preferred a teams top line remain intact for PP1 for many reasons.

The main one, is that it avoids breaking up other lines, including the top line. I want my top line all getting in on the PP glory. Why stick TBrow out there until the end of time... because Oates did?

I would be interested to see Ovi in the slot as a change up. They will predictably collapse down hard on him and otherwise be without a plan. Get Kuz another shooter on PP1, in Nicks spot, and put Nick down low.

Carlson Green Ovi Nick and Kuz. Stop that *****.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Puck support and intensity from the start, and we got this. Time for Barry to work the refs tonight. Emphasize how Yandle embarrassed the officials last game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hope Trotz and GMBM are working the league on the refs quietly and privately, emphasizing that they're not trying to embarass the refs in the press but have concerns etc. If Trotz is purposely not talking about penalties and officiating so that the players don't get hung up on it then I'm all for that strategy. I think we've gotten distracted and discouraged by that before (2009 comes to mind) and when players start whining about calls then you have a problem as a team. Trotz is projecting control and confidence in his team and his PK. It would be great if that continues AND we get in the refs ear somehow.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I hope Trotz and GMBM are working the league on the refs quietly and privately, emphasizing that they're not trying to embarass the refs in the press but have concerns etc. If Trotz is purposely not talking about penalties and officiating so that the players don't get hung up on it then I'm all for that strategy. I think we've gotten distracted and discouraged by that before (2009 comes to mind) and when players start whining about calls then you have a problem as a team. Trotz is projecting control and confidence in his team and his PK. It would be great if that continues AND we get in the refs ear somehow.

I agree.

This is getting completely out of hand vs the Rangers over the years. The games at MSG are particulary disturbing.

I wonder how effective the back channel stuff is however....I mean it seems the refs would respond to public pressure more aptly than the league telling them to "not respond to public pressure".

Boyle, Yandle and Hagelin are diving all over the ice.

79-55 in the last 21 playoff games vs the Rags. Absurd

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think the back channel likely fails, unless rapport has already been tested and established during the season.

Walk up to the podium, and send the league into damage control mode.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad