Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Yeah, messing with the 4th line is probably not the best idea. More specifically, taking Moore out of it, even if it is to bump him up a line or two.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just put Fast in there. The guy is responsible defensively and can't be any worse offensively than Carcillo offensively. Why hurt the 4th line?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've been on board with most of AV's moves, but he seems to scared of playing a rookie even though he's obviously hurting the 4th line, our most consistent line.

BarbaraAlphanse

Hags makes sense on the 1st with those 2. That line had chemistry last year that was evident.

Carcillo can't be our guy going into the playoffs on any of the top 3 lines. I am also completely against breaking up the 4th line that has been so dominant in recent games.

Therefore, I suggest moving Poo up to the 2nd line with MSL and Richards.

Since AV doesn't trust Miller much, I would call up Fast a guy who can stretch the ice with his speed, has a good shot, and is incredibly defensively responsible. He is a RW, which we have an abundance of right now, but I'd suggest that we move MZA to LW and have a 3rd line of MZA-Brassard-Fast.

Makes most sense if AV can't trust Miller in this stretch of games.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The 4th line has been our most consistent line lately, it's a mistake to break them up. And the last time they removed Moore from that line, it did not work out so well...

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I don't really like the idea of messing with the fourth line either, but the rangers don't have a lot of options with that first line.

Would it be better to keep Carcillo up on that first line the rest of the season?

Does any one know what the other lines looked like?

I'm assuming pouliot-brass-zucc, moore- richards- st Louis?

Bardof425*

The 4th line has been our most consistent line lately, it's a mistake to break them up. And the last time they removed Moore from that line, it did not work out so well...

Moore makes that line go. Moore and Dorsett are both playing very well at ES and Boyle is trying not to get in their way in the offensive zone and to stay on his feet. You remove Moore, you have a below average 4th line. Plus Moore is our leading FO% guy and that line has been doing well in the D zone.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why give us two out of four lines?

I'm hoping that Miller was with Richards and St. Louis and Moore was out with maintenance or rotating in on the 4th. Sometimes Zipay is not so smart.

I know I'm a dreamer.

BarbaraAlphanse

What I don't get is that Fast played early in the season, including the PK. Why is AV so afraid to play him now?

Because he's a RW. We don't have a place on the team for him. MZA plays his best as a RW. MSL plays his best on the RW. Nash plays his best on the RW.

Make no mistake, those 3 players will have to be 3 of our biggest difference makers in the playoffs.

I'm sure AV is trying to exhaust all possibilities that allow those 3 players to remain on their natural side before calling up another RW to complicate formations.

Wolfy*

Ugh. Yes, let's call up the defenseman who is severely not ready for the NHL and put him in when we're in the middle of trying to make the playoffs. Great idea!

Well we lost against a bottom team like the Flames. Not funny to watch McGrattan running around and kicking our butts all the time, and we could do nothing about it.

I certainly wouldn't mind an enforcer in the lineup against these teams. You don't have to play him much, only when necessary. Lower risk of bad play, and he will also create some energy.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Because he's a RW. We don't have a place on the team for him. MZA plays his best as a RW. MSL plays his best on the RW. Nash plays his best on the RW.

Make no mistake, those 3 players will have to be 3 of our biggest difference makers in the playoffs.

I'm sure AV is trying to exhaust all possibilities that allow those 3 players to remain on their natural side before calling up another RW to complicate formations.
Fast can play LW.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Well we lost against a bottom team like the Flames. Not funny to watch McGrattan running around and kicking our butts all the time, and we could do nothing about it.

I certainly wouldn't mind an enforcer in the lineup against these teams. You don't have to play him much, only when necessary. Lower risk of bad play, and he will also create some energy.

Why ruin his development and call him up to play him 7 minutes a game and deter bums like McGratten? Dylan is too important of a prospect for us to do that. Plus, I don't agree that it would deter players like that anyway.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fast is softer than Julie Chu

He's the last guy we need here

No reason to not play miller

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The only reason we should go anywhere near the Brass line is if never.

But the sad truth is that we do not have a great option for our 1st LW, just a few patches

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Im born and raised in Vancouver. I'll be there tomorrow night, 11th row, in my Hank jersey, behind Hanks net for two periods. Hopefully most of the action is at the other end of the ice.

I honestly think AV will get a decent reaction from the fans. A lot of them were ready for him to go when he did, but considering how this year has gone for them, and the fact that he's the winningest coach in team history, I think it will end up being mostly positive.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
They've been fighting for their playoff lives for a while now. If they are motivated by wanting to stick it to AV....

This is practically a must win game for them. 5 points out of a playoff spot with 6 games remaining, and the teams they are chasing have 1 or 2 games in hand.

Cake or Death

It's a cool place to see a game. And Vancouver is such a beautiful city. If you ever have occasion to go, you absolutely should.

Totally agree. I lived on Vancouver Island for a stretch and I think Vancouver is the nicest major city in north America.

Wolfy*

This is practically a must win game for them. 5 points out of a playoff spot with 6 games remaining, and the teams they are chasing have 1 or 2 games in hand.

I think the Canucks are done, they need a miracle. And I believe Torts gets fired if they don't make it, probably the GM too. I heard the owner is pissed.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Going to be a really hard game. Canucks are not happy with how they are playing. Especially Kessler. I'm guessing the Canucks bring everything they have.

Rangers played well against the Oilers, but they will need to be even more prepared and ready to go against a hungry, underachieving Canucks team.

I will be shocked if this is anything like the Oilers game. I Expect to see plenty of quality chances against, and a stingy environment to score goals in. Hoping for a 3-2 or 4-3 victory. These two points could go a long way in our playoff push.

Be ready New York. And be ready fans, for what will more than likely be a let down than another 5-0 game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Going to be a really hard game. Canucks are not happy with how they are playing. Especially Kessler. I'm guessing the Canucks bring everything they have.

Rangers played well against the Oilers, but they will need to be even more prepared and ready to go against a hungry, underachieving Canucks team.

I will be shocked if this is anything like the Oilers game. I Expect to see plenty of quality chances against, and a stingy environment to score goals in. Hoping for a 3-2 or 4-3 victory. These two points could go a long way in our playoff push.

Be ready New York. And be ready fans, for what will more than likely be a let down than another 5-0 game.

We saw a lot of good chances against Talbot when we played the Oilers last time. That said, that's not a good thing. The Canucks have one of the worst offenses in the league. I'm more worried about scoring than preventing them from scoring. If we play our game, I'll be surprised if the Canucks score more than 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad