Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

This will be a special game since AV will be back in his old town, and we will play against Torts. I wonder how the crowd will react.

Will not be an easy win here like in Edmonton, expecting a tough battle.

But it's huge if the Rangers win, beating Torts, more or less eliminating the Canucks, and two more important points :nod:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
On one hand, the Canucks are in shambles.

On the other hand, they're gonna go hard against AV...
They've been fighting for their playoff lives for a while now. If they are motivated by wanting to stick it to AV....

Wolfy*

We should call up McIlrath to take care of Torts' boys, I don't like how soft the Rangers are.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We should call up McIlrath to take care of Torts' boys, I don't like how soft the Rangers are.

The top 14 teams with the most major penalties.

1)Toronto
2)Philly
3)Vancouver
4)Boston
5)Montreal
6)Nashville
7)Ottawa
8)Washington
9)Columbus
10)Anaheim
11)Winnipeg
12)Calgary
13)Buffalo
14)Edmonton

9 out of the top 14 "tough" teams aren't playoff teams, in a league where over 1/2 the teams make the playoffs.

#tuffness

I'll take puck possession over toughness every day of the week.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If all goes to plan, by about 1am Wednesday morning, the Rangers magic number could be 3 points :nod:

Then it's just that whole pesky home ice thing we need to worry about.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Any indications if we're going to see Carcillo on the first line again? Good win in Edmonton, but I thought that was an extremely dumb move. What does Miller have to do to earn playing time? Seemed borderline offensive to me, "we'd rather have a fourth line grinder who we got for next to nothing play on the first line than take the risk of putting you, a forward we picked in the first round who has been dominating the AHL, in the lineup anywhere." Really?

I wasn't at the computer much at all yesterday. Did I miss something? Is Miller hurt?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Any indications if we're going to see Carcillo on the first line again? Good win in Edmonton, but I thought that was an extremely dumb move. What does Miller have to do to earn playing time? Seemed borderline offensive to me, "we'd rather have a fourth line grinder who we got for next to nothing play on the first line than take the risk of putting you, a forward we picked in the first round who has been dominating the AHL, in the lineup anywhere." Really?

I wasn't at the computer much at all yesterday. Did I miss something? Is Miller hurt?

He's a scratch, I'm almost positive, and I agree that it's a dumb move. Miller is a solid third liner I'd say, although I really would like to see him at center.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Miller was taken out of the lineup, and third period against the flames becuase what AV conisdered defensive and offensive issues.

So my bet is that he has no confidence in the kid at present

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
It's a cool place to see a game. And Vancouver is such a beautiful city. If you ever have occasion to go, you absolutely should.

It is. Used to live on Long Island. Have been here since '91. Best city in Canada. Mild winters too.

Expect the Canucks to goon it up at some point. Tom Sestito (a legitimate heavyweight) leads the NHL in fighting majors. Only Dylan McIlrath would be able to go up against him. We could only put out Carcillo or Dorsett, both of whom would give up considerable height, weight and reach.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He's a scratch, I'm almost positive, and I agree that it's a dumb move. Miller is a solid third liner I'd say, although I really would like to see him at center.

Absolutely. Give him some real time to shine or wither, and then act accordingly. This in between song and dance is idiotic. The kid's being treated like a far worse performer than he is.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
AV really overreacted to a horrible defensive performance. Actually, he didn't overreact, it WAS horrible, but he seems to have placed all of the blame on Miller. The rest of the team stunk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad