Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canucks - 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Will be sitting in the corner [Hank's blockerside] a few rows back, so should get 40 minutes prime viewing time of Vrbata one-timers. :facepalm:

Hank's a boss in Vancouver though.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Will be sitting in the corner [Hank's blockerside] a few rows back, so should get 40 minutes prime viewing time of Vrbata one-timers. :facepalm:

Are you going to be wearing that Canucks jersey you were photographed in? :shakehead

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kreider on bottom six miller on top six? Didn't see that coming.

me neither. remember when we all wanted Kreider to get top 6 minutes early on in his career to bring the offense we sorely needed. Im not saying this is regression but very interesting to say the least if he plays an extended amount of time on the 4th line. If AV rolls 4 lines consistently it could wind up being a positive thing...at least in the short term.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Very big fan of this. Players should be held accountable. Kreider deserves to be on the 4th, Glass deserves to be scratched and JT deserves some more time.

On top of that, it could have just been JT needed to be on the wing to simplify his game and give him that focus he needs.

I would like Klein on the PP though if he truly does have the best shot on the team. He's been getting it through a lot this year as well. Can't be worse than Girardi.

Gotta agree with all of the above!
Especially giving Klein a chance on the PP...AT GIRARDI'S expense please

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault strangely defiant on Klein: "Knows that he can score 5 more goals on 5-on-5 and I’m still not gonna use him on the power play."
Keep sending Girardi out there to fire lasers at the goalie from as far away from the goal as possible.:shakehead

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
To his credit, there are some things Girardi does well offensively. He's terrific at pinching and knowing when to pinch, he does have a hard shot, and he's efficient at keeping the puck in the zone?

Outside of those? Woefully below average at everything involving the puck.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
What are coaches' fascinations with playing him on the PP? Honestly.

I was watching that pre-pregame show on msg where Pidto sits down with AV, I think it's coaches corner or something, and AV actually said he likes his presence on the PP and went as far as to say he has a good shot and is very good at finding lanes to shoot... Not sure what Girardi he's watching. It's not that he's a detriment to the PP but he's very average.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I was watching that pre-pregame show on msg where Pidto sits down with AV, I think it's coaches corner or something, and AV actually said he likes his presence on the PP and went as far as to say he has a good shot and is very good at finding lanes to shoot... Not sure what Girardi he's watching. It's not that he's a detriment to the PP but he's very average.

Girardi for SURE is a detriment to the PP.

He doesn't have the skating to walk the line and find lanes, he doesn't have the hockey IQ or passing skill to help on zone entries, his shot is pathetically inaccurate, he's woefully unable to make plays in transition, and his decisions while all alone in the zone are mindbogglingly slow; slow to the point where he has to get rid of the puck like a grenade, or take a shot that's easily blocked out of the zone.

There's absolutely zero rationale to have him on the PP. None at all.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I mean, maybe once in a blue moon Girardi will find a clear lane to shoot, but generally his shot selection is pretty lousy and ends up being blocked, whether it be on the PP or ES.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

He doesn't have the skating to walk the line and find lanes, he doesn't have the hockey IQ or passing skill to help on zone entries, his shot is pathetically inaccurate, he's woefully unable to make plays in transition, and his decisions while all alone in the zone are mindbogglingly slow; slow to the point where he has to get rid of the puck like a grenade, or take a shot that's easily blocked out of the zone.

Unless the other point man options are so whack that it would be a bad choice to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If girardi is going to play the power play he should be planted in front of the net... Guy is a rock and is tough on his skates ... Shooting and stick handling are not his forte

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Girardi is the absolute WORST person to put on the PP. I seriously don't understand why he gets a second out there. He is the absolute worst at trying to keep a puck from leaving the zone and he is the absolute best at firing a hard shot into a PKers shin pads.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

I agree that Girardi is terrible on the power play and I can't think of a reason AV keeps trying to make it work.

I think Hank was kinda calling that out the other night by openly asking why Klein isn't getting pp time. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm looking a little to deeply at the comments.

Girardi is what he is and when the Rangers ask too much of him he gets exposed. That's not a knock on the guy, it's just one of the few instances that AV pushes the wrong buttons. The other obviously being Tanner Glass.

Speaking of Glass.....Please for the love of God can every Ranger forward have a great game tomorrow night. PLEASE!!! Let these 12 forwards cement the lineup...no injuries...no ********...PLEASE!!!!

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

Agree with what your saying, I was trying to say he wasn't a detriment in terms of not blatantly giving the puck away or creating shorthanded opportunities for the opposition. He's a defensive defenseman who somehow showed something to AV along the way to make him believe he has a good shot or brings anything to the point on the PP which he doesn't. It makes zero sense.

Also maybe i'm reaching here but honestly I kinda think its a big FU by AV to Klein and the team not putting him on the PP, after last game AV said he was getting pressure from the team to put Klein on the PP, Hank stated he might have the best slapshot on the team and called for him to get more time on the PP, and Klein has clearly showed he's made more of an effort to get involved in the offensive side of the game. Forwards are often rewarded with powerplay time for good play, why should that be any different for a defenseman.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Be careful, Canuck fans get real uptight when you yell obscenities at Burrows.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
How about neither Klein nor Girardi on the PP?

Ideally that would be great but I'm not sure what other options the Rangers have.

We could go 4 forwards on two units with McD and Boyle being the only D-men on the power play. I wouldn't be opposed to that type of move.

But, I think AV likes having the second unit to have 2 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad