Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ canadiens

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Agreed...a split with Philly over the weekend would be about as good as we can realistically hope for as they are a pretty damn good team and they are pretty hot as well. We just need to avoid getting swept...that's the main goal..:nod:
Split this... We used to own this team not that long ago and will again. And it all starts tomorrow. LGR!

The team I worried about was the one we beat in MTL. With them out of the way, PHI will not stop us. You watch. They're not BOS or STL. Don't overrate them.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I am truly just f'n blown away by the game that Fox played.

And to agree with a previous poster, being able to ice both Fox and DeAngelo is basically unfair. God I wish people would shut up about trading Tony...
Look you idiot, if we can trade D'Angelo now and get some more picks, then when we have 10 firsts and seconds, we have a good chance of at least one of them getting to be as good as D'Angelo in the next 3-7 years. Do you even hockey?

Seriously, we need to keep Fox and D'Angelo. That makes this a very, very dangerous team.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Split this... We used to own this team not that long ago and will again. And it all starts tomorrow. LGR!

I recall as well that we had the Flyers # 4-5 years ago as we seemed to beat them all the time. This is a different time tho and it would be a huge ask for us to sweep them over the weekend which is why I think a split would be perfectly acceptable.

Philly has been sitting around sleeping in their own beds the past 3 days and we just played last night and likely are just getting into Philly about the time I'm typing this. I just can't see us winning tonight as I'm just being realistic here and I'm as optimistic as anyone here on our board.

Bottom line is even if we lose tonight, so long as we win Sunday that will work. We'll worry about dominating the Flyers at another time. Just give me one win in the next three days and I be a happy camper!

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This is a different time tho and it would be a huge ask for us to sweep them over the weekend which is why I think a split would be perfectly acceptable.
Philly has been sitting around sleeping in their own beds the past 3 days and we just played last night and likely are just getting into Philly about the time I'm typing this. I just can't see us winning tonight as I'm just being realistic here and I'm as optimistic as anyone here on our board.

I'm not saying it will be easy. But when we win tomorrow, a sweep will be very possible with a day of rest before Sunday. We have played very well in the second of back to backs, and PHI is not BOS or STL. Don't overrate them. They are very beatable. Brian Elliot and Carter Hart are you kidding me? They're gonna stop our powerhouse line up? The only way we lose, is if we beat ourselves and don't show up. And like I said, we have played well in the second game of back to backs.

The real Maximus Decimus Meridius wouldn't settle for a split, neither should you. LOL

The NY Rangers will show what kind of Gladiators they are. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Didn't Howden block like 3 shots on one shift? I want to like Kakko's game, but I feel has so much more to give. Looks slow out there. He could be breaking up more plays and creating more if he was just a bit quicker. Staal has been very steady since he's been back from his foot injury.
really? I thought he was terrible in game vs the Islanders. playing all panicked - everytime he was pressured he'd either give the puck away or ice it.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
really? I thought he was terrible in game vs the Islanders. playing all panicked - everytime he was pressured he'd either give the puck away or ice it.
You referring to Staal? I'm not the only one who thinks he is playing well lately. Have a listen to what the coach said recently at the 3:19 mark.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Philly has been sitting around sleeping in their own beds the past 3 days and we just played last night and likely are just getting into Philly about the time I'm typing this. I just can't see us winning tonight as I'm just being realistic here
Ok, did a little digging and maybe we might lose this first game vs PHI. But not for the reasons you stated exactly.

I was looking more closely at goaltender Carter Hart, wondering why this team was doing so well. He has a .909 save percentage and 2.51 GAA. Nothing leaping out at me on why this team is doing well with him. Then I looked at his home record,... 17-2-2 with a 1.65 goals-against average and .941 save percentage. He is 3-10 on the road, 3.88 GAA and an .855 save %. Have you ever seen such a disparity in your life? Unbeatable at home, and a Zamboni driver on the road. This game tonight might be tougher than I thought. This couldn't be a tougher test for Gladiators.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
You referring to Staal? I'm not the only one who thinks he is playing well lately. Have a listen to what the coach said recently at the 3:19 mark.

It's confirmation bias. People see what they want to see.
Staal has been an above average bottom pairing D. Just look around the league at who other teams are playing on their bottom pairing. Not pretty.

Reactions: egelband

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Whether this team makes the playoffs or not, it has been a very entertaining season, giving us legitimate hope going forward.
Who would have guessed that Lindgren would emerge as one of our best shutdown D? I knew Fox was good, but he has exceeded expectations, especially defensively. Tony has been fantastic and is one of the best puck handling D in the league.
Forget about the Czar and the Prince. Off the charts! Sorry Hank, but the torch has been passed.
If we can get Chytil, Kakko to continue progressing, we become an extremely dangerous team.
If they beat the Flyers tonight, this place may explode.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Rangers totally broke the Habs and their fans today. I checked out their fan forum. They weren’t all angry at the Rangers or the refs. Like the isles fans. They were, almost to a fan, internalizing it. It was not pleasant.
I don’t like to generalize because I think most teams fans come in the same flavors. But habs fans are uniquely self-flagellating. The polar opposite of Leafs fans.
I remember habs fans beating themselves up in 93, right up until they won the cup. Then they turned super cocky and mocking. beware a successful habs team...
Anyhow, we got the cup the next year. All was right.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Whether this team makes the playoffs or not, it has been a very entertaining season, giving us legitimate hope going forward.
Who would have guessed that Lindgren would emerge as one of our best shutdown D? I knew Fox was good, but he has exceeded expectations, especially defensively. Tony has been fantastic and is one of the best puck handling D in the league.
Forget about the Czar and the Prince. Off the charts! Sorry Hank, but the torch has been passed.
If we can get Chytil, Kakko to continue progressing, we become an extremely dangerous team.
If they beat the Flyers tonight, this place may explode.
This may not be the “best” Rangers team I’ve seen since ‘94. But it’s the most explosive and exciting, I’d say. I came and went a bit over the years, as life happens. But that’s my impression right now.

Reactions: The S5

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Didn't Howden block like 3 shots on one shift? I want to like Kakko's game, but I feel has so much more to give. Looks slow out there. He could be breaking up more plays and creating more if he was just a bit quicker. Staal has been very steady since he's been back from his foot injury.

Lol not in here too.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
would be nice for them to put together a complete game again, haven't done that since Carolina. All the good feelings can come crashing down tomorrow night. Hope they're up to the challenge.

Im expecting it to be a madhouse in here.

5 games in 7 days, tail end of b2b's with a flight mixed in? This game has 60 minutes of torture written all over it.

In reality, they really only need to split this home and home, but if they lose tonight the sky will be falling.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad