Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens 3/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
If the Rangers can put some pressure on the Canadiens, maybe there is a chance.
Montreal only let up when the other team stresses them and causes them to screw up. I'm hoping to see a decent forecheck tonight, with some presence in front of the net.
Then again, that is always what I wish for, and not just against the Habs.

Looking forward to seeing Zuccarello, but why do I get the feeling that the expectations for him are just too high.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If the Rangers can put some pressure on the Canadiens, maybe there is a chance.
Montreal only let up when the other team stresses them and causes them to screw up. I'm hoping to see a decent forecheck tonight, with some presence in front of the net.
Then again, that is always what I wish for, and not just against the Habs.

Looking forward to seeing Zuccarello, but why do I get the feeling that the expectations for him are just too high.

Expectations are too high for anyone who might have some chance of scoring goals. Everyone hopes one guy is going to come in and suddenly change this team into a juggernaut.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
NK23eFf.jpg

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers

#NYR @martybiron43 will start in goal tonight.

I like this. Hank needs a night off once and awhile. Not sure if the Canadians are the best team to do it with, but our team seems to play harder in front of Biron.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers

#NYR @martybiron43 will start in goal tonight.

I like this. Hank needs a night off once and awhile. Not sure if the Canadians are the best team to do it with, but our team seems to play harder in front of Biron.

I've heard that theory about the team playing better in front of Biron. Not being all that much of a believer in statistics (preferring to go with what I see on the ice), but I don't think it would make much difference. Last game against the Habs, Biron was fine but the team was not. Lars Eller pushed everyone around like he was Chris Pronger. That was one soft game by NYR.
Maybe they want to make up for that game, at least I hope they do.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
This game should be typically ugly. Zucc will be riding pine by midway through the second period. This coach's MO never changes.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Looks like Asham joining Powe and Gilroy in the press box tonight. Would rather see Asham or Power over Pyatt. That oaf brings nothing to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad