Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Red Wings, October 26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Abdelkader does. He wins most of his. That's why I liked him with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. He'd more often then not get them the puck and go to the net. People need to think like a GM and coach if they want to have a chance at sounding intelligent.

Wrong. He can win a board battle from time to time, but then he's lost. Abby plays with his head down when he has the puck. I can't tell you how many times I've seen him with the puck along the boards and just go nowhere. He doesn't have the IQ/vision to quickly find teammates when he has the puck. That's also why you constantly see him dump the puck in when he's carrying the puck through the neutral zone. He's not a skill/possession player and he ideally won't be playing in that type of role with your best offensive players.

Go back and watch tape of Holmstrom from 06-09 when he was always with one or both of Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk. He was exactly what you are attempting to describe Abby as. Watching that tape you'd realize what a huge difference there is. Not only did Homer win a lot more board battles, but Homer was brilliant at puck protection until finding his open linemate. And unlike Cleary or Abdelkader, he was good at getting them the puck. Homer was a puck possession player. His reputation as a net front presence has clouded some memories of this though it seems.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Is Vancouver actually looking to move Booth or is it just fans? The way everybody here is lining up to trade Quincey and Cleary but there's zero indication of either happening.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kill two birds with one stone.

Sammy, Cleary/Quincey, a pick and prospect for Booth :yo: That would be so awesome.

Just concerned about Booth's concussion issues.

Don't need to give up that much for him, they want to dump him, we give them our trash or some of it and we take him back. Because of his additional cap year we need to include Tootoo in my opinion. I know but he hits when he is playing six minutes a night, still I am fine with him leaving.

History with Weiss, good skater with good size when healthy, if not we call up the kids. He turns 29 next month too, so a good reclamation project, also might get Franzen worried about a buyout and light a fire under him.

Cleary isn't going anywhere, but the additional year on Booth could squeeze him out again next off-season. We have a lot of money going into it, using this opportunity to dump Sammy and Tootoo/Eaves would make a lot of sense. I think Sammy would waive to go back to Vancouver.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is Vancouver actually looking to move Booth or is it just fans? The way everybody here is lining up to trade Quincey and Cleary but there's zero indication of either happening.

I do think Booth would be available, sure there are some issues here to be concerned about. But I think it is worth shipping Sammy and Tootoo/Eaves.

He only has one year left at 4.25. Has that history with Weiss, size and speed can play on the third line with Weiss maybe they both bump up to the fourth. If he is hurt he just goes on LTIR. But it makes space for the younger kids especially next year. I would seriously do it, don't think everyone needs to be enamored with it, there is plenty of risk, but both sides would probably do this deal if they really got down to the brass tax on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad