Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Islanders first game back after ASB.

startainfection*

Since teams are local it'll be easier to reschedule. Good feeling this thing might be moved.

since teams are local there will be absolutely no way the rags won't be able to get to the coliseum, the game won't be rescheduled

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
since teams are local there will be absolutely no way the rags won't be able to get to the coliseum, the game won't be rescheduled

Staple tweeted players from both teams will start streaming into the Marriott tomorrow. I doubt it gets cancelled. If the Isles are classy though they give people vouchers for other games if it's really not navigable.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
if the game isn't cancelled, people will turn out for this one. regardless of how much snow we get.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
if the game isn't cancelled, people will turn out for this one. regardless of how much snow we get.

If it is as bad as it is supposed to be, there won't much there. There aren't any Montreal Canadians fans staying at the Marriott to bring up attendance numbers.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
If it is as bad as it is supposed to be, there won't much there. There aren't any Montreal Canadians fans staying at the Marriott to bring up attendance numbers.

I feel like people are hungry for good hockey around here. If I had tickets to this game and it wasn't cancelled, I would do my best to get there. I went to games in some pretty bad conditions when they sucked. I'm sure we all have.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
If they play, this won't be one of those 300 people blizzard crowds. People will do their best to get there.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
If I could afford the tickets I would go he ll or high water

tickets on stub hub are dropping in price. cheapest seats are about $22 cheaper than they were this morning, for similar seats. I'm waiting to see what happens with the weather, and if its feasible to drive 55 miles to the game, before i buy tickets.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN · 5h 5 hours ago
#SnowGate: Rangers are now practicing at Coliseum tomorrow w/ game Tuesday at Islanders. Lookin' like a Long Island Sleepover for #NYR

can't wait for the excuses.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I really hope it's not a deadened crowd because of snow. I want the arena to be rocking, and it sucks that we might not get that.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN · 5h 5 hours ago
#SnowGate: Rangers are now practicing at Coliseum tomorrow w/ game Tuesday at Islanders. Lookin' like a Long Island Sleepover for #NYR

can't wait for the excuses.

"The boards at the Coliseum are different so we couldn't have a proper practice!"

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If i was a tix holder, I'd be hoping for a reschedule.

If I wasn't a tix holder, but wanted to go, Id be eyeing Stubhub for "$20 seats if you come and get them"

Since, I'm neither, I'm hoping for the game to take place, my power not to go out, and an Isles 6-0 victory.

Eff lundquist.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I would prefer that they not play a back-to-back if at all possible. We play the Bruins on Thursday.

If not Tues or Wed, I think Marc 19th is the other possible date.
Taking a quick glance at schedules, that looks to be only date they could play where one team would not be playing three nights in a row (which I believe is against CBA anyway).

My guess would be game on Wednesday with merchandise or concession vouchers for those in attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad