Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Canadiens 11-16-2013

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Glad to see we can win in Montreal again, especially as it should stop all this "Rangers haven't scored since" crap.

Yeah, we hadn't scored since Jan 11, but we'd only played there twice since then so who gives a fudge? If we shutout the Devs twice in a year no one would care, why is it it some incredible feat if the Habs do it twice in 2 years?

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Kreider's a beast. Zucc has probably been the best forward over the past 10 games or so. Still gotta get some more offense from other guys. Brassard has been pretty bad, hopefully Nash's return can wake him up a bit. The defense played very well. Falk was calm and solid. Talbot is money. His stache is legendary.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think since the Rangers came east they were either even or the better team in every game but the 4-0 embarrassment to the Devils. Usually outplaying the other team. The Torts teams seemed to get outplayed at best 50% of the time.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Obviously I know the king likely isn't going anywhere, but when do we start talking about Talbot being a replacement if we can't sign Hank? Does having Talbot make dealing Hank even a remote possibility? Is it still to early to tell? There is something special about this kid.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Obviously I know the king likely isn't going anywhere, but when do we start talking about Talbot being a replacement if we can't sign Hank? Does having Talbot make dealing Hank even a remote possibility? Is it still to early to tell? There is something special about this kid.

No...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

having 2 good goalies is a good problem to have, but nobody is replacing Henrik.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
Trade Hank, get some assets while he still has value as he is done on this team. Talbot has shown he can take the reigns. We save 6-7 mil in caphit that we can use on aquiring further offensive skill.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
"Trade Hank"

- Every clown ever.

At this point, it's like buying a house because you love the washroom sink.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Trade Hank, get some assets while he still has value as he is done on this team. Talbot has shown he can take the reigns. We save 6-7 mil in caphit that we can use on aquiring further offensive skill.

Dude, I like Talbot and his potential, but it's only been 5 GAMES. I'll repeat, 5 GAMES

This is Chad Johnson II all over again.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Has he shown that though? A whopping 5 NHL games, does that really show that he can be a solid starter for a full 70+ game season, not even mentioning playoffs?

Inferno is right, having 2 good goalies is a great problem to have.

I'd hate to deal Hank unless it was an all out certainty that he was gone come summer.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
btw, just a quick note...

did anyone see that shot that Subban had on one of their PPs? I knew he could bring it, but that shot was one of the hardest in game shots ive ever seen in my life...he let it go and it went by everyone before they even moved and nobody had the slightest clue where the puck was even though it looked like it didnt hit a single person on its way through....just a mammoth shot.

It was jaw-dropping. There's no way that players can react in time to get out of the way of a shot like that. Subban can bring it.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

did anyone see that shot that Subban had on one of their PPs? I knew he could bring it, but that shot was one of the hardest in game shots ive ever seen in my life...he let it go and it went by everyone before they even moved and nobody had the slightest clue where the puck was even though it looked like it didnt hit a single person on its way through....just a mammoth shot.

Yes. Subban rips off shots like that every game. It's insane. Love watching him play, even if he's a diving punk. Easily the most physically talented defenseman in the game. He's built like a tank. 6', ~225.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013

:facepalm:

How many games has Talbot played?

FIVE.

Maybe we should wait a little before we talk about trading Lundqvist. I don't want to give Lundqvist that contract/cap-hit either, but come on, this is a small sample size.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Dude, I like Talbot and his potential, but it's only been 5 GAMES. I'll repeat, 5 GAMES

This is Chad Johnson II all over again.

Except Talbot is a much, much better goalie than Prince Chad.

I agree, though, it's still ridiculously early. For all the great things he's shown us, he could still implode. Goalies are weird like that. Ideally, you'd replace Lundqvist with Talbot's cheap contract, but the risk of Talbot being a flash in the pan is so monumental it's probably not even worth discussing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Voting age American adults advocating a Lundqvist trade.

This is cynicism personified.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I agree, though, it's still ridiculously early. For all the great things he's shown us, he could still implode. Goalies are weird like that. Ideally, you'd replace Lundqvist with Talbot's cheap contract, but the risk of Talbot being a flash in the pan is so monumental it's probably not even worth discussing.

I will say that it seems that Chad Johnson at the very least did develop into a solid backup. Look at his career stats (albeit still a small sample size..but).

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

i have to disagree. ideally, you want talbot to develop into a goaltender who can play 20 games and be a great backup for cheap. that's it.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
i have to disagree. ideally, you want talbot to develop into a goaltender who can play 20 games and be a great backup for cheap. that's it.

That's fair. Who knows if he has the potential to be more than that. Personally, I'd rather we just keep Hank and not find out. :laugh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Habs board is pretty funny. Therrien is getting killed. Someone called him a fat slob. Funny, one person thought they dominated the 2nd and 3rd. I think he needs to look up "dominated" in the dictionary. They had one good shift in the 3rd and maybe a couple of good chances in the 2nd.

Last edited:

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
If Talbots play is going to prompt a trade of anyone it's going to be himself.

If he truly appears to be a starting caliber NHL goalie then that's awesome, but he's taking Hank's job.

There's a tremendous difference between looking very good or great over a short period of time and proving year in and year out to be one of the best goalies in the game.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

My friend who isn't a big hockey fan screamed "holy ****" when Subban let that shot off. He was amazed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad