NYR need quality RD, which Flames might spare
could lose Buch if they got acceptable talent back
has several picks, may help there now for profit later

-------------
and soze I comes up wit:

elc Buch + both NYR 2018 2nds [NYR + NJD]
for
unsigned Fox, Cal 2019 1st, and both 4ths, 2019 Flames and Islanders
there should be something conditional added if Fox does not sign, although I think he sees a fast ladder in NY which is closer to Boston post grad classes if he goes there part time

comments
Zuc is worth like 15OA from FL but Calgary cannot compete w/o 2018 pick
Buch has higher upside, and is a build piece also versatile at either W.
NY picks are enhanced b'c they provide instant use while Cal = delayed gratification
NY enables CAL to kick first round absence down the road 1 yr and gives 2nds now.

Flames allow Rangers to potentially fill area of need right away [as to rights acquired, not sure how fast college boy jumps into NHL, but stranger things have happened, as a gamble]
surrendering 2018 2nds in deep draft is wince city, but 2019 1st + 4ths are good seeds planted

accordingly I consider the OP is fair

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I think both teams say no here.

Calgary is in no position to risk losing an unprotected first.

Rangers should not be trading their best offensive prospect (and definitely furthest along in comparison to Andersson/Chytil) for Fox. Only way they come out ahead on this deal is if the lottery pick hits, which would be catastrophic for the Flames.

Definitely think both say no.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
BOS 1st (26OA) for Adam Fox + CAL second (2019)?

Adam Fox is putting up historic numbers. Literally the best numbers for a college defencemen since Brian Leetch. You think we are going to trade him for a late first in a weak draft, and then add a second rounder?

Reactions: kevrondl

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think both teams say no here.

Calgary is in no position to risk losing an unprotected first.

Rangers should not be trading their best offensive prospect (and definitely furthest along in comparison to Andersson/Chytil) for Fox. Only way they come out ahead on this deal is if the lottery pick hits, which would be catastrophic for the Flames.

Definitely think both say no.

Buchnevich really isn't a prospect anymore.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Not giving Fox AND a first for Buch. Period. Even if you are giving back two seconds.

This is way more complicated than it needs to be. Put Fox on one side, Buch on the other, balance from there.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think the Flames make it to the playoffs next season and wouldn't bank on it being a lottery pick. So assuming it was a mid 1st, and fox, I don't know how their fan-base would feel, but for NYR, I don't like it. I'm not sure where the Zucc for 15th comes into play. I don't recall Florida's gm coming out and saying Zucc is worth the 15th from them.

Rangers are giving up a winger, and 2nds for a maybe and a 2019 first round pick. That's a pretty big risk if Fox doesn't come over/pan out, and Flames make the playoffs next year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Not interested in moving Buch much at all. If there's any chance of Fox not signing, we should just wait that out and see if we can nab him then.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
At this point, Fox is worth a mid-first by himself, so I don't really want to give up another mid-first without an excessive return.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
At this point, Fox is worth a mid-first by himself, so I don't really want to give up another mid-first without an excessive return.
He’s more of a late first since we don’t know whether he’d re-sign or not.

Boston’s 1st for Fox would suffice, with a conditional 2nd coming the Rangers’ way if he doesn’t re-sign with them.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Why are we wanting to trade high end prospects for prospect who might be high end?

Calgary needs to make hockey trades. Players and picks in, only players out.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Buchnevich isn't a prospect and he's producing at the NHL level at a respectable clip despite being horribly misused by a bad coach.
Buchnevich isn't the prospect I'm referring to... it's the 1st round pick people are suggesting we trade Fox for. I didn't make that clear.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I knew it wasn't going to last. I just can't read your threads. I wind up ranting like George Costanza on a tirade and it's going to get me fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not opposed to dealing Buchnevich but I'm not doing it for a flight risk.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
How about

NYR: Buchnevich

CAL: Fox, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

Buchnevich is about to break out as a surefire 1st line winger for the next 5-10 years. AV used him horribly.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
How about

NYR: Buchnevich

CAL: Fox, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

Buchnevich is about to break out as a surefire 1st line winger for the next 5-10 years. AV used him horribly.

So basically two firsts and two seconds for Buchnevich, so he's basically worth more the Doug Hamilton?

If that's not just completely and utterly over rating a player.

No interest in that price.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s more of a late first since we don’t know whether he’d re-sign or not.

Boston’s 1st for Fox would suffice, with a conditional 2nd coming the Rangers’ way if he doesn’t re-sign with them.

Who in the late first would you rather have then Fox?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad