Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech for 2023 2nd (Becomes 1st in 2024 or 2025 if NYR Make ECF), 2025 4th, A. Welinski; Condt'l 2025 3rd to AZ

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Not a huge fan of the conditions but happy its at least not this year's 1st rounder.

Surprised Arizona is the third team brokering this deal, kinda had a feeling the return for Krav was potentially going to be retention as a third team for Kane.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Cue people complaining about the pick as if this isn’t getting Kane for literally 5cents on the dollar.

This is a steal of a deal. Would prefer the condition be SCF birth but ECF with the first being 2024 or 2025 works for me. The Dallas pick this year could be the highest first rounder we have from these 3 years.

Can’t wait to see him in blue.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The f***?
The Rangers going for over-the-hill vets who have won before only worked once. Barely. And it's been an embarrassing disaster of a shit show ever since. I have zero confidence that Kane will be able to do what needs to be done to help this team.

Nothing matters in the long run but cups, and this isn't the move that will do it for us.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Cue people complaining about the pick as if this isn’t getting Kane for literally 5cents on the dollar.

This is a steal of a deal. Would prefer the condition be SCF birth but ECF with the first being 2024 or 2025 works for me. The Dallas pick this year could be the highest first rounder we have from these 3 years.

Can’t wait to see him in blue.
Same. So excited for this roster. Just got to stay healthy.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
What's the condition? Unless it's winning a cup I'm not happy about it.

I'm not happy about a first going in any case, though I suspected there would be one conditionally.

The condition is bad. Should have held out for winning the Cup or at least appearing in the Cup finals.

The ECF isn't good enough.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
I just cant wait for what the lads come up with for playoff avatars.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You guys overrate 1st's tbh.

Like, it's a numbers game and I get that giving them away repeatedly is not sustainable but my immediate thought is "oh no, we won't have another Nils Lundkvist, the humanity."

This was a rare opportunity to get a player for peanuts.

It's like when we signed Panarin and people said "it doesn't fit the rebuild." No. When a player of that caliber makes it to UFA, you drop everything.
Great post, spot on.

Idk how ppl are mad. If we don’t go on a run, we don’t give up a first. Simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad