Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I am guessing fewer people are now upset about this trade...

Disclaimer: I didn't want him in the game today.

That said he was great today. The amount of people that were "too classy" for him was ridiculous. As long as a guy isn't dirty like Cooke, I'd welcome anyone that's a good player on this team. I don't recall Carcillo being Matt Cooke or something.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Disclaimer: I didn't want him in the game today.

That said he was great today. The amount of people that were "too classy" for him was ridiculous. As long as a guy isn't dirty like Cooke, I'd welcome anyone that's a good player on this team. I don't recall Carcillo being Matt Cooke or something.

Why exactly would you be in favor of Fast playing over Carcillo who has been great since becoming a Ranger. His track record can't be denied, we're a better team with him in it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why exactly would you be in favor of Fast playing over Carcillo who has been great since becoming a Ranger. His track record can't be denied, we're a better team with him in it.

Because Carcillo is a 4th liner and Fast has more scoring potential while being very solid defensively.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Because Carcillo is a 4th liner and Fast has more scoring potential while being very solid defensively.

agreed.

Carcillo did impact the game though..which Sean Avery used to do a lot. He got guys thinking about him instead of the other guys...sometimes its important to have a troll on your team.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
agreed.

Carcillo did impact the game though..which Sean Avery used to do a lot. He got guys thinking about him instead of the other guys...sometimes its important to have a troll on your team.

Carcillo has generated more than Fast this season and has that extra string to his bow that this team lacks. Fast's time will come but I don't think this team's record with Carcillo is a coincidence.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yet to score a goal and is a -5 on the season compared to Carcillo's even +/- and 3 goals.

I just don't see Fast's potential.

-5 is very deceptive considering how he's played a high percentage of his games (about half) when the team was really struggling. He had more than half of those minuses in one 6-0 loss when the entire team was terrible (-3). Carcillo came when the team became a good team. Carcillo has played around 20 more games with the Rangers to get the 3 goals. You're using completely deceptive stats and I can't figure out if it's just a strategy to prove a point hoping I don't call you on it, or if you don't realize how deceptive they are.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Well he won us the stadium series and since then I'm not sure he's been getting the credit he deserves, last night showed why he can't be overlooked as a team motivator.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Fast

Fast - I'm not getting all this talk about his "potential." What potential? To be a scorer? No. To be a 1st line player? No.

What is all this fuss over Fast? Seriously he is just an ok prospect. His upside is probably a good 3rd liner who at his best gets you 20-30 points and plays good D.

In a very physical series I'll take Carcillo over that unreached potential any day!

MOD - We don't need a three-month bump for this thread to ask whether this was a good deal for the Rangers in hindsight. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad