Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ridiculous to suggest Carcillo started the brawl. He was going back and forth with Simmonds and then took a shot directly to the face. He did nothing to instigate.

Beyond that, Vigneault had him out there in a game that had been chippy. It's what Carcillo does. Vigneault knows that as well. If he was worried about Carcillo getting into something then he wouldn't have put him out there.

Carcillo is an *******. He'll do something that actually warrants our outrage soon enough. No need to manufacture controversy now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would be.

Also agree with this. IF...and its a big IF right now, if this team continues this they should be keeping both Boyle and Moore. Why would we trade either? So we can suit up Dorsett? That is a terrible trade off. Both are way better players than Dorsett. Just scratch Dorsett.

BarbaraAlphanse

Also agree with this. IF...and its a big IF right now, if this team continues this they should be keeping both Boyle and Moore. Why would we trade either? So we can suit up Dorsett? That is a terrible trade off. Both are way better players than Dorsett. Just scratch Dorsett.

I think people are 1) enchanted with the idea of a Dorsett Carcillo line and 2) waiting for a Carcillo **** up to tell the board "I told you so".

Also, once people get a player on their **** list on this board the entire image of the player is tarnished. Boyle didn't play up to expectations last year. But then again, no one did besides McD and Girardi.

He's played much better this year. His role on the 4th line is perfect for the type of player he is. It's why he's been so effective. If he's kept there he'll flourish. No need to trade him. He'll be relatively cheap to extend. He's important to the locker room.

Moore has been incredibly responsible. He started off the year slowly but that can be attributed to his rustiness and also the team's general lackluster start.

Can't see Boyle nor Moore scratched or traded for the likes of a runt like Dorsett.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I like the energy and emotion a little chippiness seems to bring out in the Rangers. They always seem to play better (for as long as I've watched) when they play with some edge.

Blue Regime

Nov 15, 2008
Groton, CT
I agree with those who said we only need 1 of Dorsett/Carcillo at a time. And I think our opponent should determine who plays and who gets scratched.

Dorsett and Carcillo are both smaller tough guys, but other than that play completely different games. Dorsett is good against disciplined teams, as he will defend teammates and not back down from anything, but generally won't be the one initiating the rough stuff. On the other hand, Carcillo is great against undisciplined teams, as he will distract the other teams players and get under their skin.

I think as long as AV uses them correctly, it would be wise to keep both. The Flyers are literally a dream matchup for Carcillo - they are tough but completely undisciplined, and Carcillo is an ex-Flyer which is an added bonus. Schenn/Hartnell/Simmonds chasing Carcillo around in the last few seconds of the game is exactly what the Rangers want him in there for.

Meanwhile, Carcillo would be ineffective against a team like Toronto, where they are certainly tough, but Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren are not going to get goaded into chasing around a pest. That's where Dorsett would be useful - still brings enough grit that teams can't run train without fear of retribution, but he's not gonna stir the pot and risk Orr/McLaren killing someone.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm pretty cool with what Carcillo has done for us so far. Got the third star tonight. Scored a goal and really stirred the pot. That's his job. John Moore did okay in his fight by the way. Better he's involved than not involved.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Yeah--like a somewhat bigger version of Sean Avery so far. Not nearly as skilled though but a guy who on his own can turn a game into a war which is useful against teams capable of losing their composure or if our team comes out sluggish. All of a sudden players have to play harder just for their own self protection. To me that should be Carcillo's role on this team for now. Out of the blue the Rangers have someone that other teams hate playing against. We needed a real ******* and seems Glen has found one.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's played well his last few games. Though I didn't agree with fighting Schenn in the middle of the 2nd.

He did his job, the Flyers wanted his head all night. They let their anger get to them, and lost the game.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I hated the trade I don't like the guy I loved his game tonight .. But the major point I take from tonight's game is we are still very soft and need a enforcer .. Hank bumped and run and the flyers had not a stich of concern .. Boyle is scared to fight Simmons and carcillio was pounded but the flyers fifth toughest guy .. We need more

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I hated the trade I don't like the guy I loved his game tonight .. But the major point I take from tonight's game is we are still very soft and need a enforcer .. Hank bumped and run and the flyers had not a stich of concern .. Boyle is scared to fight Simmons and carcillio was pounded but the flyers fifth toughest guy .. We need more
I agree with that. Unfortunately, I don't think AV does.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Boyle shouldn't have fought Simmonds, that would've been extremely stupid on his part. You can't have a 4th line goon in today's NHL. You need guys who can play. AV likes to be able to roll 4 lines without having to worry the 4th line will hurt the team when he gives them ice time. And in fact AV has used the 4th line to even shut down opposing forwards at times; maybe not for a whole game, but he picks his spots during the game. Carcillo fits the bill because he can keep up with Moore and Boyle. No need for an enforcer who can't skate for crap or play hockey. John Scott has really worked out for Buffalo this year...

I thought the Rangers responded better than usual to players around Henrik. They played smart hockey. They didn't want to get caught up in all the BS and give the Flyers Powerplays to get back into the game.

Carcillo hardly got tossed around against "the Flyers fifth toughest guy." Schenn had a damn visor on and Carcillo still got a couple of shots in, not to mention Carcillo slipped on the stick at the beginning of the fight and had a hard time collecting himself after that.

Moore got two great shots in on Brayden Schenn. They don't need an enforcer. They are playing tougher and with an edge.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Boyle shouldn't have fought Simmonds, that would've been extremely stupid on his part. You can't have a 4th line goon in today's NHL. You need guys who can play. AV likes to be able to roll 4 lines without having to worry the 4th line will hurt the team when he gives them ice time. And in fact AV has used the 4th line to even shut down opposing forwards at times; maybe not for a whole game, but he picks his spots during the game. Carcillo fits the bill because he can keep up with Moore and Boyle. No need for an enforcer who can't skate for crap or play hockey. John Scott has really worked out for Buffalo this year...

I thought the Rangers responded better than usual to players around Henrik. They played smart hockey. They didn't want to get caught up in all the BS and give the Flyers Powerplays to get back into the game.

Carcillo hardly got tossed around against "the Flyers fifth toughest guy." Schenn had a damn visor on and Carcillo still got a couple of shots in, not to mention Carcillo slipped on the stick at the beginning of the fight and had a hard time collecting himself after that.

Moore got two great shots in on Brayden Schenn. They don't need an enforcer. They are playing tougher and with an edge.

I don't want to come across as a a@@ here but. Carcillio was beaten by schen and lost to him no questions asked. Visors are now part of the league deal with it.. Carcillio was wearing one in the first period and removed it .. He added great spark to the team for sure but he is a punching bag. Moore isn't a true fighter but rather a kid with a edge and for sure he can handle himself.
Simmons will crush Boyle for sure but as a man how much punking so you take? See John Moore he waited till it was enough and he dropped his gloves..Boyle was pushed around slapped and choked with his helmet and he did nothing..

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
One of the positives that Carcillo can bring to a game, which Sean Avery also excelled at, is ratcheting up the intensity of his team teams. For the Rangers this year, more often than not, they have been sleepwalking through games. After Carcillo stirs the pot, everyone had better get their head in the game, and the difference is noticeable. Carcillo is barely an NHL player, but if he keeps the intensity of his teamates at a high level, then he has value.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with those who said we only need 1 of Dorsett/Carcillo at a time. And I think our opponent should determine who plays and who gets scratched.
Why? Why not simply play the more effective player? Again, I am not a Carcillo lover, but he is being an effective player. So too is Dorsett. On this team, what they bring is much more important that someone like a D Moore brings.

If Carcillo keeps up this level of play, it should make no difference who the opponent is. He can agitate the Toronto's of the world just as well.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah--like a somewhat bigger version of Sean Avery so far. Not nearly as skilled though but a guy who on his own can turn a game into a war which is useful against teams capable of losing their composure or if our team comes out sluggish. All of a sudden players have to play harder just for their own self protection. To me that should be Carcillo's role on this team for now. Out of the blue the Rangers have someone that other teams hate playing against. We needed a real ******* and seems Glen has found one.
He does what Avery used to do. And that is bring the fight to the other team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Have to agree with Dagoon at least to some degree. Carcillo is really not a good fighter and neither is Dorsett. Dorsett is very undersized. Apart from Zuccarello he may be the smallest guy on our team. Carcillo fought Luke Schenn who fights but not often and has never been very good at it. Carcillo made Schenn look very good. Schenn basically jerked Carcillo around and off his feet a couple times while throwing some bombs that never really connected to effect. Carcillo did catch Schenn with a good one. What Carcillo adds to this team at this point is some badly lacking spirit. He can also skate pretty well--which is what really derailed Asham who was not a heavyweight either but a very good middleweight.

What's really elusive is finding a player who can 1. play and 2. really handle himself and 3. is willing to protect his teammates. Carcillo can play well enough to handle 4th line duties and as long as he's willing to stick up for his teammates he's a good addition--so there is the potential he can cover 2 out of 3.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Dorsett and Carcillo are perfectly capable of going with the Simmonds' and Hartnell's of the league.

Carcillo is a LW. Dorsett is a RW. Moore in the middle. Dorsett and Moore on the PK together.

I would say Boyle would be the one to go.

AKA

"The Big Slow"

"Mr. Softie"

got rag-dolled by Simmonds last night? WTF???

We have enough PK'ers.

We have enough F/O guys.

We have enough soft players

we NEED to shed this guy, and we need to do it quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad