Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire goaltender Antti Raanta for Ryan Haggerty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strudel

Dec 6, 2014
Wisconsin
I don't know if you guys saw this, sorry if it's been posted elsewhere on your board.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...584.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

I was just going to come here and post this.

Of course some of us at the Hawks board feel this is out of character for Raanta, and that maybe it was taken out of context. However that quote seems pretty clear cut. Hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad character for your team's locker room. That is of course if he is even expected to play. I don't know what your roster looks like this season.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY

Of course some of us at the Hawks board feel this is out of character for Raanta, and that maybe it was taken out of context. However that quote seems pretty clear cut. Hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad character for your team's locker room. That is of course if he is even expected to play. I don't know what your roster looks like this season.
He was brought in to be Talbot's replacement. From what I've heard, Raanta was very well-liked, so I doubt any of us are worried about him being a problem in the locker room. I can understand why he was so upset about it.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

You never know what happens between coach and player. He very well could have had a bad experience with Quenville, it happens. That said, that seems pretty odd for a hockey player to beak off to the media like that. I hope it's a one off thing. He probably said some stuff he never figured would get back to the US/North America.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
You never know what happens between coach and player. He very well could have had a bad experience with Quenville, it happens. That said, that seems pretty odd for a hockey player to beak off to the media like that. I hope it's a one off thing. He probably said some stuff he never figured would get back to the US/North America.

The unquoted bits refer to Q not liking his face, which is a Finnish expression for someone not liking you. Raanta felt he wasn't treated right, and just hoped the season would be over as it wasnt very nice to sit in the stands.

These are professional athletes, they like we sometimes have a hard time looking in the mirror and seeing faults in their play - but people also do become at odds with one another, and when things dont go your way, you dont get the opportunity to get into the groove - you get unhappy. What professional wants to earn their salary from the stands?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Calm down everyone, all that stuff was BS.

9/2/15 | 3:30PM: Raanta spoke with Chicago writer Mark Lazerus and Lazerus sent out the following tweets:

Regarding the story about him rooting against the #Blackhawks, Antti Raanta just told me he “never said anything like that.” (Lazerus)

Raanta said he was frustrated at first, but it “only took one day” because when he got to Chicago, his teammates were “so happy to see me.” (Lazerus)

Antti Raanta: “I’m not that kind of guy, that I would say something like that, and hope my team to lose, even if I’m not playing goalie.” (Lazerus)

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...the-cup-with-chicago-but-wanted-them-to-lose/

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Whatever went down really, will stay unknown. I'd be pissed too. Rantaa backed-up the Craw and did very well. Then steps in big dude Darling and steals his job. So I get it. Anyhow, looking forward to him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Whatever went down really, will stay unknown. I'd be pissed too. Rantaa backed-up the Craw and did very well. Then steps in big dude Darling and steals his job. So I get it. Anyhow, looking forward to him.

So you'd root again your own team because of that?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I just really don't care whether it's true or not. He'll be the backup here next year for sure. If he can keep the puck out of the net and be a good guy in the room in that situation that's all anyone can ask of him.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If he was disgruntled then he was moved for a player from the Rangers who was also disgruntled.

Haggerty wanted out after not seeing top 6 time. Got healthy scratched in the playoffs too.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I put this one in the who cares file pretty quickly, I somehow doubt he is going to be on the end of the bench making voodoo dolls of Lundqvist in hopes he gets more starts.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
A player who feels he was treated badly admits he felt bad about being treated badly.

Yeah, it's such a shock.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
He said he was pissed off, had some bad thoughts but then the next day everything was alright again.

A lot of noise from nothing.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Hahah thats So Raanta and its awesome.

tumblr_mjxeh5Ygtq1r7gtglo4_250.gif

Last edited:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Speaking of the Moomins. This is the scariest **** I ever saw as a four year old.

As for Raanta. I just hope he ends up as our new Talbot. Step in and play at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad