Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Oh, Oh, Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankFrank416

Feb 24, 2018
Poor Fluery got blown up tonight. Maybe there’s some kind of dark magic curse on an old Pens roster in effect tonight. I see Derick Pouliot is a -2 hmm....

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Simon has pretty consistently gotten unconditional minutes with Crosby and his production really hasn't been all that much better. Simon's a better option because he's a fifth of the price, but he's basically Sheary that falls over less.

He's gotten alot of his games on line 4. He's not as spastic as Sheary and clearly more skilled.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's gotten alot of his games on line 4. He's not as spastic as Sheary and clearly more skilled.

So has Sheary, though. I think you're really overestimating the difference between the two. Simon is Sheary before we were paying Sheary $3 million a year.

People care too much. God damn. None of this really matters.

I agree with you for sure, I mean what was that :laugh:

Reactions: PensandCaps

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Who the hell do you think you are? Seriously, this is downright comical. You're on a hockey message board Nostradamous, congrats.

What a joke.
So I can´t have fun at message board? Btw, I am normally discussing the Sheary problem now.. And yeah, your opinions are very changeable, that´s a fact. For better or worse, it is. No offense again, so calm down. We both know that Sheary sucks, I think we can leave it at that. I just didn´t agree with you at TDL when you were saying we should have kept him. I think it was a mistake by JR and his contract might become a problem soon.

And PS:

Here is your characteristics: You know hockey. You care. Sometimes too much. You also care sometimes too much about this message board, in a way it is funny to me. That´s why I am being a jerk sometimes. Your opinions are sometimes fine, sometimes less fine, but they sure as hell are very unstable. You also like to fight here and are easy to become angry. So, I like some things on you. I don´t like some. I take it against you too. More than against anybody else. That´s a fact :D

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I dunno, we're not going to struggle to score. This team needs to buckle down and commit to playing hard, defensive hockey. We're way too easy to play against in the neutral zone and our zone, and have been for over a calendar year. It's not a personnel thing, it's a "give a f***" thing. Guys don't.

Fix that over the next month and we're in good shape. The goals will happen, we just need to not make the opposition's life super, laughably easy when they have the puck.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Reading the comments here it looks like I missed a real stinker :laugh:

++ The cough syrup I took
+++ Naps

So, was the Susan Sarandon experience as bad as I figured it'd be?? Or worse??

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
and before that they were awful in 4 out of 6 games, just saying...

That's kind of what I was getting at earlier. Tonight wasn't some one-off.

BUT, and I'm trying to be positive here (shocking, I know), but with Murray (hopefully) nearing a return, I'm hoping that will reverse the team's play as of late.

I think this team is similar to last year's team, in that they play differently based on who's in net. Played different for MAF last year, play different in front of DeSmith/Jarry this year.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

+++ Naps

You missed a dandy, that's for sure. Pens looked great in the first 35 minutes. NYR's backup kept it at 2-0. Team started playing not to lose (aka super lazy) late in the 2nd. 3rd was a train wreck. OT was worse. Special teams were worse than that, even. Team was lucky to get a point, so there's that, at least.

Reactions: Angrrus

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
You missed a dandy, that's for sure. Pens looked great in the first 35 minutes. NYR's backup kept it at 2-0. Team started playing not to lose (aka super lazy) late in the 2nd. 3rd was a train wreck. OT was worse. Special teams were worse than that, even. Team was lucky to get a point, so there's that, at least.

So we came down with a sudden case of Half-Assitis again??

Typical for this year. :shakehead

Reactions: Angrrus

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Alright,

Daley
Cole
Flower (yes he was important)
Kunitz (scored the GWG against Ottawa)
Bonino
Cullen

None of those players are important. Replaced Cullen and Bones with better players....Daley and Kunitz are nothing players.

Only real loss is Cole....a #5 Dman.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
None of those players are important. Replaced Cullen and Bones with better players....Daley and Kunitz are nothing players.

Only real loss is Cole....a #5 Dman.

I guess it explains the season the Pens are having right now... we never replaced Cole and Bones, the latter had insane chem with Hagelin and Kessel and well see what Sheahan do in the playoffs.

Also, without Malkin, we are at best in a wildcard spot.

EDIT: Goalies are an issue this season. We would easily be first in the division with Fleury instead of the rookies

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

+++ Naps

There are no words to describe what happened.

Well, maybe one word - OH! Seriously she said it about 50 times tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad