Post-Game Talk: Rangers 2, Pens 1 (OT) - And So Begins Our Summer of Discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think the pens played the best they could this series, they just didn't have the horses in the lineup to do anything in the playoffs.

+ MAF I'm happy to see him finally have a good playoffs, but it sucks in a way, the one year the pens had no chance to do anything in the playoffs is the year MAF end up playing well in the playoffs.

- Geno Terrible series, i hope we hear about some bad injury, rather then Geno just playing terrible.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
This is PROBABLY nothing, so I will give that disclaimer first, but I was watching the game in french tonight (I can't handle Bob Cole), and the color analyst basically said:

"The first and potentially biggest question surrounding the Penguins this summer will be Kris Letang's career intentions."

Now, I'm pretty sure he was talking out of rear but some of these old analysts around here do have connections with the French Canadian players.

Has anybody heard any talk at all about Letang pondering his future?

It's only a matter of time before either his body, his family, or his doctors force him to hang it up. Sooner rather than later, I'm afraid.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
-I'm really glad Flower played well. If the make some moves to fix this team at least we know he has it in him to carry a series because he sure carried this one.

-Lovejoy is just a disaster. What a putrid trade. Can we move Martins rights for a pick in this draft?

-I honestly don't have a huge problem with Johnston. He's above DB..although he still isn't the best option. Unless we have a chance at Babcock he's retained IMO.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
Fleury was great.

Hard to win when you only have one line and no dmen who can move the puck. They exceeded my expectations for the playoffs.

Lovejoy was on the ice for 8 of 11 goals against in the series.

Go Ducks.

Have you seen the analytics of our DMen passing out of the zone. Go find it... it's actually laughable.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
This is PROBABLY nothing, so I will give that disclaimer first, but I was watching the game in french tonight (I can't handle Bob Cole), and the color analyst basically said:

"The first and potentially biggest question surrounding the Penguins this summer will be Kris Letang's career intentions."

Now, I'm pretty sure he was talking out of rear but some of these old analysts around here do have connections with the French Canadian players.

no, but one of the former team physicians told me he thinks letang should consider hanging up the skates.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Fleury was great all season long and into the playoffs. 10 shutouts, who would have expected that? He really deserved better.

Sid also played the best playoff hockey personally since the cup run, Hornqvist helping with that. That's encouraging. Honestly, they played much much better than I expected as a whole. Just can't score. Same old song and dance.

gac3378

Nov 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
Obviously this team is s cup or bust team, but honestly with everything that happened this season at least I can go into the summer knowing they gave every ounce of effort they could give in the playoffs. I think tweaks are coming but a huge turnover is not needed. Be happy that Fleury is an elite goalie again, season and playoff. Hope malkin has a good recovery over the summer. Be happy with the kids who stood tall on the blue line. I am actually looking forward to next season already, and no one could say that after the last 5 playoff losses. So don't panic, better days are coming. The pens showed that they are a team in this series, haven't seen that in awhile. Thank you pens for a strong performance.

BB Gun

Mar 28, 2013
Nice work, MAF. You were superb. Proved me wrong.

Rangers in 5 didn't, tho...

Glad it's over.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, Fleury exorcised his playoff demons, Dumoulin looked good and Chorney may have salvaged his career. So there's that, I guess.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Lovejoy on ice for 10/11 Rangers goals - brutal
If that's really true I hope someone brings it up during the press conference. Still such a mind-boggling stupid trade I have a hard time accepting it as reality.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010

That's a lotta money to leave on the table. I know health is more important than money, but it's a pretty big carrot dangling in front of a guy to return for at least another couple seasons

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Very very few pluses from the series but:

+++++++++++++++++ Fleury
+Lapierre
+Hornqvist
+Chorney/Dumoulin never on the ice for a goal against

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
I like the look of Dumoulin, he was probably our best puck mover out there from the defensive end.

Look at the bright side, no more Adams.

We aren't out of the Adams woods until he is signed by someone else:laugh:

I thought Dumoulin wasn't going to be even an option for a 6th Dman next year...he has proved me wrong. Pretty solid player for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad