Post-Game Talk: Rangers 2, Pens 1 (OT) - And So Begins Our Summer of Discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Fleury deserved better than these losers.

Lovejoy should be cut later tonight. Worst acquisition in history, and for a guy who will probably be a decent d-man for years to come. JR should be gone based on that trade alone.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Just stopping by to thank you for the series. I was very impressed with the way your Pens were able to keep every game of this series close, considering your depleted defense. Fleury was great and I would love Hornqvist on the Rangers. One of my favorite Non-Rangers.

I'll leave you alone now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Fleury was great.

Hard to win when you only have one line and no dmen who can move the puck. They exceeded my expectations for the playoffs.

Lovejoy was on the ice for 8 of 11 goals against in the series.

Go Ducks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I do not trust this management to make moves we need. That's why I'm sick to my stomach. People won't believe me but the players are there. WE have what we need. We need a couple smart moves and utilizing youth.

I have 0 faith in the organization. It's going to be a long disgusting offseason.

You're far more optimistic than I. Then again, you always have been where this circus is concerned.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
It would have been better if the Pens didn't make the playoffs. Then there would have been changes. Now the management has an excuse to stay course and wait for another early playoff exit next spring.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++++++++++++++++++++ Fleury

Without #29, that is ugly. #29 laid it all out there each game. #29 was the definition of what this team needed. #29 is this team's MVP. I cannot believe I'm writing that.

++ Horny: I loved his season. Definitely the right guy for the job.

Just to throw some positives there.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This is PROBABLY nothing, so I will give that disclaimer first, but I was watching the game in french tonight (I can't handle Bob Cole), and the color analyst basically said:

"The first and potentially biggest question surrounding the Penguins this summer will be Kris Letang's career intentions."

Now, I'm pretty sure he was talking out of rear but some of these old analysts around here do have connections with the French Canadian players.

Has anybody heard any talk at all about Letang pondering his future?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_lwwzkkj8cf1qcon7ao1_500.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The great irony, of course, is that after years of being the #1 reason among players for our playoff failures, Fleury starts playing like a great #1 goaltender and the rest of the team is garbage.

I do not trust this management to make moves we need. That's why I'm sick to my stomach. People won't believe me but the players are there. WE have what we need. We need a couple smart moves and utilizing youth.

I have 0 faith in the organization. It's going to be a long disgusting offseason.

Yup. I really hate being a Pens fan right now. Losing is one thing, but needlessly squandering seasons with a series of stupid decisions is another.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Fleury had an incredible year. couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If Dejan is to believed nothing much will change. We'll chalk it up to injuries and try again next season.

That's honestly less alarming than thinking the idiots in charge are going to do some kind of overhaul.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We held up defensively which was surprising.
But we had one line that was consistently producing.
Nothing else. Notta. Zilch.

Problems are obvious on the roster.
Let's see how we bungle it again this summer.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Getting jobbed the first couple games and injuires were just too much to overcome. They played hard, though. That's all you can ask from the players who take the ice.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Horny was one of the best pens all series long. Absolutely love the way he plays and his effort level. Too bad we couldn't clone him

I feel like cup-winning teams have 2 or 3 Horny-esque players.

We had Kunitz , Staal, and Cooke in 2009.

Not to mention Guerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad