Post-Game Talk: Rangers 2, Penguins 1 (OT) - The Lovejoy Gives Great Quotes Edition

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Martin was really terrible, and I've been a supporter of his for a long time. Completely killed the powerplay, a couple of ugly turnovers, and on the OT goal he basically sat and watched everything unfold.

I'm not really upset about the result because a win just delays the inevitable. This team isn't going anywhere when only one line can be counted on to score. Malkin obviously isn't healthy and I'd be surprised if Perron was either. To have a legitimate shot at pulling off the upset they needed Letang healthy.

Still think the Rangers are overrated. Unfortunately we don't have the horses to expose it. Hopefully the Islanders fend off the Caps because I think they match up extremely well against them.

They're terribly overrated.

bingobangobongo

Jun 14, 2010
It's tough to be softer than Boyle and Yandle, but we did it. Our season basically ended tonight and we didn't even put up a fight in front of our own net.

Our D combines soft play with poor puck movement.

Our forwards have 0 skill. They haven't been able to score against a team that packs the house dating back to Montreal in 2010. 5 years of with no gameplan, or no skill to execute a gameplan. The Flyers eviscerated the Canadiens' shot blocking with their shot fakes, and extra passes to players inside the house. We haven't watched their tape for 5 playoffs now and keep getting defeated by the same talentless tactic.

This series is no goals and moral victories. The Rangers stink, we are just worse.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Rangers will either make the finals or win the cup and our awful stupid ****ing organization will say "BUT WE PUSHED THE FINALIST HARD! ALL IS OKAY!"

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Sid sucked. He quit moving his feet after the 1st and 90% of the team followed his lead.

Fleury is now a beast in the playoffs, too bad everyone in front of him is a born loser.

Also, a 3rd pairing of a rookie and a career AHLer catches up to you eventually even if they play above their capabilities.

You do realize that Sid is essentially playing as a 3rd Dman in his own zone

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Loss doesn't even hurt tbh. I expected it to happen. The way the past 2 years have gone my joy of watching the pens has diminished greatly bc of **** like this. The way mgmt is a massive cluster **** and the handling of the roster.

Oh and when fleury finally gets it all together this team has faltered badly.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I can't even begin to express how utterly USELESS Paul Martin is as a player. Even Lovejoy looked better than he did this game! Way to clear the front of the net, Paul! :handclap:
He's been The Mush since he signed. He's everything I hate about this team since they've gotten away from what won them the Cup.

Soft, the worst shot I've seen from a pro and not even good at making the outlet pass. The guy needs to tuck and dance in front of a mirror.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
They will. They'll call it the CEC and put it across the street from the old Civic Arena.

tumblr_n18crbyFY51rrtza4o9_500.gif

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
WHY THE F ARE WE COMPLAINING ABOUT LOVEJOY WHEN THE OFFENSE HAS GAMES OF 1, 4, 1, and 1 IN THIS SERIES?

You're right. However, if Lovejoy, Scuderi, or Martin could complete a 6 foot pass to a forward, or not shoot like a dying Hospice patient from the point, maybe we could score more than a goal.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I think this team has played really hard. They have exceeded my expectations. In the end this group does not have the talent to beat the Rangers. Lovejoy does suck but the trade is irrelevant to these playoffs. Despres wouldn't will this team to victory.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. This is just among the most useless things that an evolved life form can say.

It's cold outside in April. I guess climate change ain't an issue.

Despres' willing this team to victory or not is the kind of brainless thinking I expect from Josh Yohe. Just because a player MIGHT NOT BE A HALL OF FAME GAME CHANGER DOESNT MEAN YOU GIVE HIM AWAY.

In fact, newsflash, the majority of NHL rosters are comprised of non-ALL STAR GAME BREAKERS!!!

You dont trade big, fast, physical players for sacks of dog **** if you want to win in the playoffs.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Rangers will either make the finals or win the cup and our awful stupid ****ing organization will say "BUT WE PUSHED THE FINALIST HARD! ALL IS OKAY!"

I know it's wrong, but I hope Sid and Geno both ask out. Mario deserves no better for the gift he wasted.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
+ Malkin snapped his shotless drought with a shot in the 3rd period. Only lasted 130 minutes or something like that.

- Malkin´s scoring drought still continues. At 9 games currently.

I will make a bold prediction by saying that he´s not gonna have a point in these playoffs. He will make it 10 and we will call it a day.

Man, I´m frustrated. Obviously, I´m sorry Geno, it´s not all your fault, but you know, at some point you have to show me at least an effort man...

What sucks is that the Rangers are very playable. We are playing without our 2nd line and without 70% of our defense, yet we had our chances in every game. Rangers are soo playable, but lucky at the end. What can we do..

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
This team's offense is ****ing atrocious. Just put them out of their misery already so we can look forward to and discuss ad nauseam all the interesting players they'll draft out of the USHL in middling rounds this year.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
+Chorns, Dumo, Sid line, Laps, Spaling

-Perron, Lovejoy, scuds
----Martin. You gave us 3 good years (out of five), but sorry pal. Won't miss you.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I knew there was something missing from this miserable season... A playoff OT home loss. Now, we can put this season to bed Friday night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad