Post-Game Talk: Rangers 1 @ Canucks 2 | 9/12/15 | Winning streak extended to 2 games

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Desjardins was brought in because he has never missed the playoffs. This point was directed at the players as well as a general statement at large.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
What's amusing is people assuming that the same fans that wanted AV gone now want him back. You do realize "Canuck fans" are not an entity with a single opinion, right?

And it is even more amusing that you are assuming I was talking about the same fans having both opinions, without considering that I was talking about our fickle fanbase who love to get the pitchforks out. So yes, I do realize. Thanks.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not overly worried with Desjardins as a regular season coach, he's been alright. AV was great, but his shelf-life was up.

The problem is that he was a disaster in the playoffs and got completely out-coached, and this is a huge flaw. It's like you have taken quizzes all year and been fine, but when it comes time for the final exam you study the same amount as a quiz and therefore completely bomb it. Should you pass the course? No. So last year was a fail, this year is still TBD.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I think the players generally really like WD. He's a coach you play hard for. Like Hansen was saying, he doesn't yell at his team if they make a mistake. WD is very educated and Linden believes he is a 'teacher' of the game. For the Canucks core, they seem to do well with nice coaches (AV, WD) and fall short with....you know

Burrows, Edler and Hansen are one of the oldest Canucks and all had career lows with Torts. Now they seem to be a major contributor.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I dunno, Edler has some pretty awful periods under AV (a real NHL coach) as well.

Very far and inbetween. Edler with Ehrhoff was a legit top pairing in the league and was an offensive threat every time they were with the Sedins.

You can't get worst with -39 Edler....

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Very far and inbetween. Edler with Ehrhoff was a legit top pairing in the league and was an offensive threat every time they were with the Sedins.

You can't get worst with -39 Edler....

When you was putting up those offensive numbers; one tended to forget about his defensive deficiencies. At least that's how it looked to me (eg., not claiming it as a fact/just my opinion).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'm not overly worried with Desjardins as a regular season coach, he's been alright. AV was great, but his shelf-life was up.

The problem is that he was a disaster in the playoffs and got completely out-coached, and this is a huge flaw. It's like you have taken quizzes all year and been fine, but when it comes time for the final exam you study the same amount as a quiz and therefore completely bomb it. Should you pass the course? No. So last year was a fail, this year is still TBD.

More like playing rock every single time in paper rock scissors. It works ok when people don't scout you.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No doubt the 'Nucks were fortunate to win this one.....Rangers dominated for two periods and were snake-bitten around the goal....VanCity will have to be light years better on the road, and now down two d-men...watching Edler can be frustrating ...when the guy plays like he did last night he's easily in the top-10 of NHL d-men...on other nights, the bottom 20.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It is funny seeing all the love for av now. Especially after he was run out of town here. Same with Gillis.

There were some that think AV should've been fired because every coach has a shelf life and we needed change but knew it would bite us because it's hard to find a coach as good as AV.

And here we are....haven't had a good coach since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad