Ranger signings/walks that you hated

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
walks: Verbeek, Stralman, Jagr, Messier
non-signings: Chara, Selanne, Sakic

signings: Redden, (unnecessary and more importantly overpaid goon signings in the cap era (Brashear, Boogaard, Glass, etc)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not signing Stralman and in turn signing Boyle is the most infuriating recent example I have.

You mean the same Anton Stralman who needed 3(!) seasons with the Rangers to get 38 points but then after signing with Tampa had 39 in 1 season?

There was no indication he would be producing at all. Boyle had a history of adding points on the power-play and making that a lethal weapon.

Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody could have predicted Stralman to produce better than Boyle.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
You mean the same Anton Stralman who needed 3(!) seasons with the Rangers to get 38 points but then after signing with Tampa had 39 in 1 season?

There was no indication he would be producing at all. Boyle had a history of adding points on the power-play and making that a lethal weapon.

Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody could have predicted Stralman to produce better than Boyle.

Stralman was very sound defensively. He was our best defenseman in the 2012 & 2014 playoffs, IMO.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Quintal jumps out as he made it abundantly clear that he did not want to play for the Rangers and only came here because we offered the most money.

I believe I read somewhere that he actually cried when Montreal declined to match the offer.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
38 year old Boyle coming off what Sharks fans deemed a pretty bad year brought on by this hit (that hospitalized him):

Over 27 year old Stralman that was the most important part of the team's shutdown pair that year?

Obviously the term is different but the same cap hit too :/

Looks pretty ugly to me

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Stralman was very sound defensively. He was our best defenseman in the 2012 & 2014 playoffs, IMO.

We should have kept him over Girardi because he was a great defenseman. Don't judge the Stralman saga because of what we did signing Boyle. Stralman didn't bring the offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad