Ranger Game Changer!

mikebel111*

Knew he would come around.
Needed time and is playing solid now.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Knew he would come around.
Needed time and is playing solid now.
I didn't think he would actually. He looked very good in the ahl last year, pretty much playing the way he has been lately for the leafs, but this year it just seemed like the game was way too quick for him. I had really high hopes for him and it is amazing to see his quicker reaction time suddenly (probably on drugs), he has great skills and if he blossoms soon then this team is going to be scary good.

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Ranger's been good since November-ish. He was stuck with Mark Fraser for a while.

Paul Ranger currently has the highest PPG among Leaf D-men at ES.

Last edited:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
One thing not mentioned about Ranger is that he's one of the meanest D we have, he loves giving those hard crosschecks and is very tough to play against in the corners.

Hoping this is the part where he settles down and simplifies his game. He doesn't need to be the end to end puckmover, just needs to be a stabilizing presence on his pairing.

Only caught the last two periods tonight but he looked like a stud.

You know, there is no denying this.

Ranger is just a nasty tough hitter. He's not as tough as Frasier but I think he's nastier in a way. Some of those stick check, man.. And finishes checks. I would not want to play against this guy.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
You know, there is no denying this.

Ranger is just a nasty tough hitter. He's not as tough as Frasier but I think he's nastier in a way. Some of those stick check, man.. And finishes checks. I would not want to play against this guy.

It was comical the way he shoved the defenseman aside after he scored the goal. "I'm celebrating, get the hell out my way."

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's looked good with limited minutes and a role where Carlyle can play him sparingly.

Hopefully this is where he turns a corner and becomes a reliable defender for us. I'm not sure if he'll be back next season but if he can play like this, I'd welcome him back.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If this guy can provide consistant, solid minutes like that throughout the stretchrun and into the playoffs, that is absolutely huge for this team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He's been beter than franson and gleason since drawing back in.

He's eliminating the brainfarts that were sabotaging his otherwise solid play - that's probably him finally adjusting back to nhl speed.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
So, what have learned?

Many of us cast this guy to the curb earlier. We forgot he had been out of the game for a while. AT $1M per season and only wanted to play in To., he was a waste of space. Right now I will say he will play better than Franson overall.

Impatient bunch aren't we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad