Ranger Game Changer!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Credit to whoever came up with this name. He's been playing excellent since the break, exactly what we hoped for at the beginning of the season.

*MODS please don't merge this, as this thread is to discuss Ranger's performance since the Olympic break.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He's been awesome. Glad to see him finally come around, huge improvement over Franson if he keeps up this play

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Time to adjust and settle in + being seperated from Fraser has done him wonders.

Time to re-sign him. Seriously. I'd rather Ranger then Franson at this point.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Honestly, I love the name Ranger Danger. It's kind of stuck with me. It doesn't even have to be bad, he can be dangerous for the other team instead of us.

Yup, thought that was the case originally :laugh:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He took a lot of heat early on in the year, much of it undeserved, but he has been awesome since drawing back in against Tampa. Looking like the dman he used to be; hopefully he can take more of Franson's minutes. Credit to Carlyle too for going with 7D.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
He was never as bad as many made him out to be (minus the first two months of the season).

And despite his great game tonight, he probably won't be that good going forward.

I've been fine with him as a #6-7 guy all year long. The problem is the rest of the defense core: We badly need another #2-3 guy to slot everybody else down a slot.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
Did not see this coming. The guy has been solid since being called back up. TBH though, all of the defence have looked better since Randy started rolling 7 D. Everyone from Phaneuf ( who I thought was playing brutal @ 25+ mins per game) to Rielly have been better. The forwards are still pretty bad defensively though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Had a good game tonight, still needs to move the puck quicker. But he has played better of late. Still not 100% convinced of him. He, Franson, and Gardiner still give me chills when they are defending.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
not convinced.

definitely improved though because was not great earlier in the season.

if he keeps this up we might have something.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
One thing not mentioned about Ranger is that he's one of the meanest D we have, he loves giving those hard crosschecks and is very tough to play against in the corners.

Hoping this is the part where he settles down and simplifies his game. He doesn't need to be the end to end puckmover, just needs to be a stabilizing presence on his pairing.

Only caught the last two periods tonight but he looked like a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad