GDT: ranger from the big city slips it in darlings gaping five hole

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Carolina's problems with the Rangers have more to do with roster construction than coaching. The coach is not responsible for the players by and large being weak on the puck or not being skilled enough to make the Rangers pay for their overaggressiveness.

Agreed. They're a terrible combination of slow skaters, not physically imposing in the corners, and deliberate (in a bad way) with shots and passes. Especially up the middle.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
To be honest, one of those day time shows investigating the cleanliness of ice cream machines at fast food places has made sure I won't go back there ever again. At least until I get too wasted to care.

I mean, who cares, we're all just gonna die anyway. might as well be from a flesh-eating bacterial infection caused by a fast food ice cream machine.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Carolina's problems with the Rangers have more to do with roster construction than coaching. The coach is not responsible for the players by and large being weak on the puck or not being skilled enough to make the Rangers pay for their overaggressiveness.
That's True but there are only a few teams that really do this to us. the Rangers and Penguins come to mind. We're Charmin soft still.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
He posted "we win game or I delete my account" today.
giphy.gif

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
goaltending continues to be an issue. at this point it's hard to tell if it's just that Carolina is a bad place for goalies or if we've just had all the bad goalies? Darling is 29. there shouldn't be any growth to be done to prevent these mental lapses. meanwhile the hawks reload and their backups just keep winning in that system. the play at this position was the basis for a lot of our hope in the offseason and so far it's been entirely unimproved.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
It's crazy how its the same problems every year that haunt us. Bad OTs, bad shootouts, bad penalty shots, bad PP, bad goaltending. It's time for a change. Since Francis seems incapable of disrupting our core I'd say it has to be Peters.

i think the root cause of a lot of these issues is having bad overslotted players on a bargain basement team of other teams' offcasts

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
goaltending continues to be an issue. at this point it's hard to tell if it's just that Carolina is a bad place for goalies or if we've just had all the bad goalies? Darling is 29. there shouldn't be any growth to be done to prevent these mental lapses. meanwhile the hawks reload and their backups just keep winning in that system. the play at this position was the basis for a lot of our hope in the offseason and so far it's been entirely unimproved.
It's peculiar because we hired Mike Bales, the goaltending coach of the Pens when they won their last 2 cups. But it was always assumed he was a Fleury guy, which is why they let go of him. Now Murray is struggling, but so are our goalies. Hmm...

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
It's peculiar because we hired Mike Bales, the goaltending coach of the Pens when they won their last 2 cups. But it was always assumed he was a Fleury guy, which is why they let go of him. Now Murray is struggling, but so are our goalies. Hmm...
Come on... We took a gamble with Darling. Deep down we all thought about him being a product of that team. I thought it. But ignored it hoping I was wrong. Guess I wasn't. I am very very very.... disappoint.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Come on... We took a gamble with Darling. Deep down we all thought about him being a product of that team. I thought it. But ignored it hoping I was wrong. Guess I wasn't. I am very very very.... disappoint.
I think we all realize we gambled by now. Everyone should have known it was a gamble from the start. We acquired him for a 3rd for a reason. The 4 year, 16 million dollar contract is all on Francis though.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
You're right. I'll add Tampa to that list as well. The common denominator there is that those teams are fast enough to neutralize Carolina's core strength: skating.

The Rangers have guys who are either big or fast on the wings.

We have:

TT, Aho: Skill guys who are neither big or burners (though Aho showed some quickness tonight)
Skinner: Neither (skill)
Lindholm: Neither (though he tries to be physical)
Williams: Oh hell no
McGinn: Rofl
PDG, Jooris, Kru- Seriously?

Seriously, you look at our roster and ask "Who has rare size, skill or speed?". We have a bunch of guys who are above average skill, but one guy, JStaal, who is a force physically.

Meanwhile, Grabner, Fast, Zucc are all burners. Nash, Hayes bring size. etc.

I know what Carolina is going for with their defensemen. But what the hell are they aiming to do with their forwards? Just a mishmash of crap. It's amazing Pastor Bill can get more than 2.5 gpg out of this group, and he's the problem?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad