Post-Game Talk: Ranger Danger, Pens get shut out 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
this was a game where crosby needed some help and as usual kunitz wasn't interested in giving it

horny was horny but sometimes the puck just doesn't follow him. needs the third guy to give him a second chance to outwork the other team, but of course, kunitz wasn't interested

no one else was really worth nothing but people are gonna **** on kessel. not sure why sundqvist isn't trusted at all at the end of games but apparently there's a quota where at least one young guy must not be trusted at a time. not sure why sully waits until 13 minutes left to even think about mixing up who sid's out with. not sure why letang stopped taking quick shots and couldn't hold a puck in. not sure why fleury got fooled by glass and moore.

daley going down hurt them

that's all

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I hope Daley isn't hurt bad. It's nice not seeing Cole out there.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Take notes Kunitz fans. This is what we are going to see happen to K-C-H in the playoffs. Don't say I didn't warn you.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't know if the Rags play tomorrow, but if they do, they're losing that game 5-1 because we skated them into the ground tonight.

With our luck, they probably play the Flyers or Islanders, so, uh, you're welcome in advance, jackasses.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
boring game, hardly any good scoring chances on both sides

i guess that's rangers hockey though, worked out well for them

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Props to Lundqvist, who either had a really good game or didn't **** up never being tested.

- Fleury still doesn't look right
- Kunitz is ****
- Daley is hurt but of course Lovejoy is fine
- Sullivan with Kunitz on PP1 and refusing to put Crosby with different wingers until the last ~10 minutes.
- KCH remains ****ing stupid, just like KCD was.

+ Wilson and Sheary showed why they have any chance of being NHL players, which is nice
+ Pouliot is ready for the NHL and so is Rust

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
That sucked. Bad way for awesome Crosby to flame out. Hope they rebound tomorrow

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't know if the Rags play tomorrow, but if they do, they're losing that game 5-1 because we skated them into the ground tonight.

With our luck, they probably play the Flyers or Islanders, so, uh, you're welcome in advance, jackasses.

They don't play tomorrow.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

kings on saturday I think
meant friday

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Still trying to figure out how Moore scored? It's MOORE, not some gifted goal scorer.

Because he's a nhl player and he had enough time on a 2 on 1 to line up his shot and pick a corner. It turns out professional hockey players are good at hockey.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
hopefully daley isn't injured. he has been really useful to the team.

rangers focused on crosby and dared the rest of the pens to step up. they didn't.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll probably exit stage left on this thread because it's going to be completely irrational.

This was a game where both teams were looking for the first goal and then rely on defense and goaltending if they got it. Both teams had the same strategy because both teams are missing key big time players. Both teams knew it, too. So Rangers get on the board first and they held on and hoped Hank played his game. Hank made the key saves when the Pens had chances. That's the definition of how the game was played. The Penguins played terrific and were aggressive but couldn't finish. Okay... we knew that would be an issue without all of our players.

Fleury was an even tonight. I thought the rebound control was questionable on goal #1 and goal #2 I definitely think he needs to make the save. The shooter is his. The pass is the defenders. Step out and stop worrying about the other guy. If it goes to the other guy, it's 100% on the defense. Period.

The Dumo/Kunitz debate on the pinch is interesting. The nature of the beast on our aggressive defense pinching is that it's going to happen. Dumo thought Kunitz was going back and Kunitz didn't. That miscommunication is bound to happen when you commit to a system like that. Period. As a defender all my life, I blame Kunitz there because Dumo has the head of speed going in. Kunitz should be tracking back. That's my opinion.

Nonetheless - that mistake will happen and I don't want them to change it because it works more often than it doesn't.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think Sully can be too upset at the effort.
Especially going down to 5 D early.
A tad out of sinc offensively.
Would like to have seen Sid play with the puck more down low and between the dots instead of up high but he couldn't get there cuz they were checking him so close.

Hope Daley isn't hurt bad.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Lots of limp dick shots.

We each had one 2v1, we didn't get a shot and Moore stuck a corner. We each had a free rebound with the other team flailing, Kunitz jammed it into a Dman and Hayes walked the entire team and scored.

Every ****ing chance we had was either flubbed or shot into Hank.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
I thought they outplayed the rags two thirds of the game. The guys just can't finish. Third period was absolutely ugly though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Going down by 1 allowed the Rangers to.... get to their game... and really clamp down around Pillow Man.

Gotta do a better job of scoring first.

Otherwise, with 5 D and missing a lot of other pieces, it wasn't a bad overall effort.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Still trying to figure out how Moore scored? It's MOORE, not some gifted goal scorer.

Butterfly Fleury.

He needs to trust taking away the shot standing up and being out just past the crease.

That needs to be a lock of a save. What happens after that isn't on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad