Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You can make anything out to be "horrible optics" and even worse its being inferred optics should be a main predicate for decision making.
In a public facing organization like this one that relies so heavily on fan base engagement, optics are important. Shouldn’t be the only consideration but certainly shouldn’t just be pushed aside because it’s invonvenient.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It matters, because some people, like you are making all kinds of unproven allegations, because the Lawyer RL engaged, is and associate of Paul J. Cambria .......
Optics aren't about making allegations, they are about understanding public perception and in this case the impact that can have on a business. To my knowledge, Dzinglealltheway has yet to make any allegations. You can do things that have poor price without realizing it, which may be the case here, or you can do things in spite of the optics because even with the potential backlash caused by people's perception, it is still preferred to the alternative.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
The fact is that getting on a hotel shuttle should NEVER end in one being arrested. There's just no excuse for whatever behaviour he displayed during this shuttle ride that ultimately let to this mess. As per the DA, we know he was touching the driver, we know the driver said to stop and he didn't. IMO, that's enough evidence to fire the guy. Wether he's ultimately proven innocent after his day in court should be irrelevant to the Senators organization, it should never have gotten to that point in the first place.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
and yes, as much as you won't believe it, there are people in this fanbase who like Randy Lee, especially before this allegation came up.

I have been looked all day and all night yesterday, still trying to find these fans you are speaking of. The hockey writers and radio hosts in this city don't count.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The fact is that getting on a hotel shuttle should NEVER end in one being arrested. There's just no excuse for whatever behaviour he displayed during this shuttle ride that ultimately let to this mess. As per the DA, we know he was touching the driver, we know the driver said to stop and he didn't. IMO, that's enough evidence to fire the guy. Wether he's ultimately proven innocent after his day in court should be irrelevant to the Senators organization, it should never have gotten to that point in the first place.
No, we know that the driver CLAIMED that those actions occurred and that Lee was arrested as a result.

Some people have a difficult time grasping this basic FACT.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can we close this thread until it is resolved and we have facts?
Fing gossipers

Reactions: Hutz

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Pretty sure the DA said "alleged" when discussing the events, so we don't have facts yet. If he's proven innocent, what does that mean to you? Does it mean he didn't actually do what was alleged? Does it mean the driver misinterpreted or misrepresented the events? Does it mean there was never any wrongdoing? I'm not sure how you can say even if he's proven innocent, he still should without a doubt be fired because of this. Worth noting here; there is a world of difference be not guilty and innocent. If it's the latter, firing him over this would be the most slam dunc wrongful dismissal case imaginable.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Haven't seen this posted. Not a ton of new information, other than Melnyk supporting him and hiring a lawyer for him.

Police report reveals alleged new details in Sens assistant GM case; celebrity defence lawyer hired

Then the passenger offered to massage parts of his body and then “tried to get (the teen driver) to look at his groin area because he had an erection.”

Totally the kind of guy you want around 18-20yo prospects... AND Melnyk is personally involved in getting him a “celebrity” lawyer for this apparently minor offence?? How long has this been going on? Melnyk must know or else he’d be disgusted by this behaviour.

Wow, what a joke of an organization...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

We can't fire him right now and that should be very obvious.

The team cannot fire a guy for something he may not be guilty of doing. You can't fire a guy without cause and if the timing of it is right when he gets arrested you're looking at a pretty good case for a lawsuit.

When these things happen the smartest thing to do is to suspend him until the situation is settled. If you want him gone wait a few months and then demote him and hope he leaves.

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If it all happened the way it’s described in that article then Lee needs to go.

Absolutely, but the article is just rehashing the allegations.

I suspect he will be out on his ass but it doesn't make sense to do that before the facts come out. If the allegations turn out to be false (I would be very surprised if they are) I am pretty sure that they could/would get slapped with a pretty iron-clad wrongful termination suit.

Totally the kind of guy you want around 18-20yo prospects... AND Melnyk is personally involved in getting him a “celebrity” lawyer for this apparently minor offence?? How long has this been going on? Melnyk must know or else he’d be disgusted by this behaviour.

Wow, what a huge leap in logic.

Melnyk hiring a lawyer in no way implies that he knew about this behavior. I can't imagine Murray would have tolerated something like this and Melnyk just isn't the guy who would know about it. I am in no way a defender of Randy Lee (or Melnyk), you can read my previous posts on these topics, but I don't need to create and immediately commit to worst-case conspiracy theories to justify my dislike of both men.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Patience.

He will be...just give it some time.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't think we ever really had to talk about Lee before. The topic of how he got to the post of AGM came up, so people tried to explain it. Has nothing to do with "trying hard to make an argument for why this guy should keep his job."

and yes, as much as you won't believe it, there are people in this fanbase who like Randy Lee, especially before this allegation came up.

I don't know how any fan can like Randy Lee. His performance has been objectively awful.
Dude has no skill so he pumps the Boros and McCormick's. I'm guessing their play reminds himself of the way he played so tries to fill the organization with them. It's an awful hockey philosophy.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Anyone can make an allegation against you at any time. Now ask yourself, would you want your employer to automatically fire you the minute the charges are filed?

As it's been said, the Sens org. should have been more PR aware and suspended him temporarily given the public nature of his job etc., but people calling for his head need to be reminded that "innocent until proven guilty" is one of the most precious aspects of our criminal system. It is there to protect the innocent, not the guilty.

Sure, 'can" the guy the minute it comes out he did do these things, but until then, allow for the proper process to finish.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It's been hinted at a few times on here.

As there is zero proof i have seen its really not even worth mentioning further imo.

Yikes if these more in depth RL allegations are true and the team knew/knows...im not really sure whats left to say as a fan.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Any of the "due process" people feel any different after this article?

Still find it funny that this whole story has been largely ignored by anyone who covers the team. Where's Garrioch's article? Steve Lloyd still getting mad a twitter for wanting Lee suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad