Random Gimmicks You Like For Some Reason...

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Reeeeeeeepo Maaaaaaaaaan

Hell yeah, now we're talkin! I always loved Demolition and Repo Man was funny as hell. I even really liked "Hole-in-One" Barry Darsow. Blacktop Bully was all right, I didn't hate nor overly like him, but he was Smash and that is cool.

Other not-so-notables I can recall, whom I liked for some reason or another, which I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The Goon (I mean, duh, we're on a hockey website?)
Bunkhouse Buck
Fit Finlay
Van Hammer
Big Bully Busick
Man Mountain Rock
Mortis (Kanyon too, but he was pretty notable by then)
Daffney
Killer Bees (not so much a "random" gimmick, but they seem to be largely forgotten. I liked how they were faces who cheated)
Billy Jack Haynes
Outback Jack
Janitor Hacksaw Jim Duggan
The Mountie (I always thought he was awesome, how can people have hated this one?)
Papa Shango (same as above, though at least The Mountie won gold and stayed around longer)
Nailz (dumb gimmick, didn't like him, but was great for Bossman's feud)
Ludvig Borga

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Mountie was awesome. I still find it funny that the RCMP made him stop saying that he was the Mountie.

I really liked D'Lo Brown, which may be more for the wrestler than the gimmick, but I tremendously enjoyed that he wrestled in his chest protector.

Bob Backlund's early 1990s gimmick was tremendous and I was a fool not to appreciate it at the time.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seriously. Only one person said The Goon?!

Goon.jpg

Reactions: boredmale and Ozz

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
The Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon)

Money Inc. (Million Dollar Man and Irwin R. Schiester)

"The Model" Rick Martel (loved his feud with Jake the Snake)

The Mountie (Loved his feud with Piper...I remember as a kid being scared for Piper when the Mountie went to electrocute him with his lazerstick thing only to have Piper remove his shirt and show a rubber shirt that was shockproof).

Mr. Perfect (one of my all-time favorites). I remember all the promos he did in other sports "proving" he was perfect at everything.

Ricky "the Steamboat" Dragon

Power and Glory

The Hollywood Blondes

The dude from WCW that looked like Little Richard

I pretty much loved everyone from that era in both WWF (at the time) and WCW

Feb 24, 2017
Hell yeah, now we're talkin! I always loved Demolition and Repo Man was funny as hell. I even really liked "Hole-in-One" Barry Darsow. Blacktop Bully was all right, I didn't hate nor overly like him, but he was Smash and that is cool.

Other not-so-notables I can recall, whom I liked for some reason or another, which I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The Goon (I mean, duh, we're on a hockey website?)
Bunkhouse Buck
Fit Finlay
Van Hammer
Big Bully Busick
Man Mountain Rock
Mortis (Kanyon too, but he was pretty notable by then)
Daffney
Killer Bees (not so much a "random" gimmick, but they seem to be largely forgotten. I liked how they were faces who cheated)
Billy Jack Haynes
Outback Jack
Janitor Hacksaw Jim Duggan
The Mountie (I always thought he was awesome, how can people have hated this one?)
Papa Shango (same as above, though at least The Mountie won gold and stayed around longer)
Nailz (dumb gimmick, didn't like him, but was great for Bossman's feud)
Ludvig Borga
I liked van hammer when he changed from hippy to heel and would show the peace sign and flip it around, like “not peace, violence!”

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The BWO
The Musketeer
The Baldies
Bilvis Wesley

But I think the greatest gimmick I ever saw was at a low rent Indy show of two guys as Communist Soviet Canadians, complete with Soviet and Canadian flags.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I just loved the way Fink announced him.

I liked his theme song(see above)

In terms of gimmicks i liked. I loved Waylon Mercy. He would come to the ring all calm shake the guys hand and the second the bell ring he goes psycho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad