Confirmed with Link: Ramo signs PTO with the Marlies

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
So..if he plays for the Leafs after his PTO and lets in as many goals as Enhroth, what does Babcock say then?

"Someone jump onto Facebook and tell Sparks to get over here, then call Rogers and cancel his internet access."

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I heard the Kings may also be interested in him. What would you guys think of picking up Zatkoff or Budaj on waivers if the Kings sign him?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I heard the Kings may also be interested in him. What would you guys think of picking up Zatkoff or Budaj on waivers if the Kings sign him?

it doesn't matter it is up to the leafs for 1st refusal there is noway they let him hang around their facility without assuance they get 1st chance at him

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
it doesn't matter it is up to the leafs for 1st refusal there is noway they let him hang around their facility without assuance they get 1st chance at him

Do you have reason to think they've made the deal with Ramo?

There's no legal precedence behind that. Ramo is an unrestricted free agent. He can go where he would like.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

leafs have zero say, hes a ufa and sign anywhere. that being said, it would be sketchy if he signed on with another team given we allowed him to train here. i think given how weak the goalie market is, and that we have a spot, he signs here.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Andersen
Bibeau
Ramo
Enroth
Sparks
Kaskisuo
Woll

Is it really that hard to find 2 legit nhl goalies for the big club ?

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Andersen
Bibeau
Ramo
Enroth
Sparks
Kaskisuo
Woll

Is it really that hard to find 2 legit nhl goalies for the big club ?

I think you can take Enroth off that list.

Ramo wasn't very good with Calgary last year.

We saw Sparks last year, his AHL stats aren't better?

Kasksuo is in the ECHL and Woll in university?

Bibeau may be our only :help:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

There's no legal precedence behind that. Ramo is an unrestricted free agent. He can go where he would like.

Agent has good relationship with Lou.

Why bother sign a PTO if you have no intent in signing a standard contract with club? Doesn't make sense..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Normally, when people go to a place and settle in and start the process of signing a contract, their first inclination wouldn't be to suddenly fly across the continent to a completely different situation.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
leafs have zero say, hes a ufa and sign anywhere. that being said, it would be sketchy if he signed on with another team given we allowed him to train here. i think given how weak the goalie market is, and that we have a spot, he signs here.

Absolutely correct, but you would think honor would have some part in his decision.
He doesn't have to sign here but we are the club that helped him get healthy, so maybe his own ethics will make him lean towards signing with Toronto?

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Agent has good relationship with Lou.

Why bother sign a PTO if you have no intent in signing a standard contract with club? Doesn't make sense..

Easy answer to that. It's a "Professional Tryout", an audition, a showcase that doesn't require a full commitment for the team and player to show he is worth a contract/roster spot. It's a no risk to the Leafs, and if I remember correctly it doesn't count against the contract count...correct me if I'm wrong.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

no just my thinking. The leafs didnt have to let him train and use their facilities and staff be kind of a dick move to sign with another team unless the leafs dont want you, oh and you go a ATO with..... The toronto marlies do you really think the leafs who just demoted their backup havent said we are interested. Pretty Naive to think they haven't got a right of first refusal deal going on here.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

that was my point. Leafs allowed him to use their facility and their training staff and gave him a stall with his name there. You dont think they have said "we are really interested if a team offers you a contract let us know to see if we can match" pretty dick move to go and sign elsewhere

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Enroth wont make a start with the marlies. He is out there trying to find work in Europe as we speak.

Why would he nullify his deal? Leafs still owe him ~500k so he might just wanna sit and take the money.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Why would he nullify his deal? Leafs still owe him ~500k so he might just wanna sit and take the money.

Leafs could loan him to a team and agree to pay a percentage of what he's owed and the other team pays the rest. Enroth will still make the full amount he signed for.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

mutual termination, maybe the leafs can pay him out on the sly. seriously though im working on the assumption he wants to play hockey. 500K isnt set for life money, he hasnt made enough in his entire career to retire comfortably especially if these are his last 4 games in north america

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Don't know how to post a tweet(figured it out), his new mask looks awesome though.
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.” :handclap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark