Confirmed with Link: Ramo signs PTO with the Marlies

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Saw that coming. Get some games in with the Marlies - can see Bibeau getting a start this weekend in the back to back and hang with the Leafs in a back up role in the meantime.

If Ramo plays well enough he'll get a one way deal with the Leafs in all likeliness, probably before Christmas in the Leafs next back to back on the road in Colorado/Arizona

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
what if he stinks out the joint on the marlies?.

Any word on waiver stuff yet usually starts coming out pretty soon hopefully someone took enroth

There will be an adjustment period but it's going to be hard for him to be worse than Enroth was for us.

And yep, Shilton will probably tweet out Waiver wire info within the next 15 mins.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder if this means they expect Enroth to get claimed on waivers otherwise the timing is a little off here with this ATO signing.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
if he's a lock to be signed why not just sign him and send him down on a conditioning stint?

if Enroth was picked up off waivers there would be an empty spot on the 50 player limit and also Ramo is not a sure thing as the backup evidently, Bibeau has been called up and will be the backup, until, or if they sign Ramo and Enroth is gone.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
I wonder if this means they expect Enroth to get claimed on waivers otherwise the timing is a little off here with this ATO signing.

At 750k salary he might be a worthwhile gamble. If he can turn his game around he could fetch a 3rd or 4th rounder at the deadline for a playoff team looking for depth.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
So Andersen starts all three games this week. If Ramo looks good to go , he gets an NHL contract and Enroth gets sent down in about a week. Sounds about right ?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd say the backup job is Ramo's to lose. Bibeau might get an opportunity to get his first start under his belt soon though.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005

I can see a few of things ....

A) They are working on a trade that sends Holland (+?) somewhere with no contract coming back, and will terminate Enroth's contract so that he can play in Europe
B) They just want to see if Ramo can get back into shape quickly while they explore options / test Bibeau
C) They are delaying until the formal decision re: Cowan (expected tomorrow) so as not to impact the 50 man contract limit

I'm sure there a number of balls in the air - and this is a pro-active move to make sure Ramo's up to speed if they need him to be the option.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'd say the backup job is Ramo's to lose. Bibeau might get an opportunity to get his first start under his belt soon though.

I bet they have an agreement with him as long as there is no lingering injury issues they will sign him and he has agrees to sign with the leafs, if another team swoops in and takes him now I would be pissed. I don't want Bibeau as a full time backup yet

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So Andersen starts all three games this week. If Ramo looks good to go , he gets an NHL contract and Enroth gets sent down in about a week. Sounds about right ?

Saturday/Sunday is a back to back in Boston and then back home against Colorado.

Andersen will likely draw in against the Bruins but I could see Bibeau getting his first career start at home against the struggling Av's Sunday night.

After that the Leafs play every other night for a week and a half before heading on the road - so Andersen will get all of those games

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Marlies have 6 games between now and when the Leafs have the back to back on the road in Colorado and Arizona. I can see Ramo starting 4 of those games.

If he plays poorly I doubt the Leafs sign him to a contract. If Bibeau plays well in his first start and Ramo doesn't play that well, I could see Ramo being given more time in the AHL to get his game back.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I bet they have an agreement with him as long as there is no lingering injury issues they will sign him and he has agrees to sign with the leafs, if another team swoops in and takes him now I would be pissed. I don't want Bibeau as a full time backup yet

Yup. Don't think they want Bibeau going straight into backup duty w/o having any previous NHL experience first. At minimum, Ramo buys more time.

Looks like Enroth has cleared as well. Good to have him off the cap if he remains in the organization, but I guess the downside is it could take a spot away from someone with a possible future here. Lot of ifs there on my part, of course.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad