Rumor: Rakell to Sibir Novosibirsk

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I think at this point you have to let Rakell walk for a year while you sign the stud Dman and then make a trade at some point this season for cap space...

Let rakell come back next year.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Fowler for Dano + what? Gives Anaheim some forward depth (that + should be another ELC forward, or a pick which I don't see being as appealing to the Ducks), and gives us a replacement for the greedy one. Anaheim gains cap space to keep Lindholm and Rakell.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How much money does Rakell want? Anyone know?

I don't think that has come out anywhere. There's no way he has the leverage to demand more than the recent bridge deals signed by JT Miller and Ryan Strome though.

Fowler for Dano + what? Gives Anaheim some forward depth (that + should be another ELC forward, or a pick which I don't see being as appealing to the Ducks), and gives us a replacement for the greedy one. Anaheim gains cap space to keep Lindholm and Rakell.

Dano just isn't a strong enough starting point, no thanks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why are the Ducks so cheap with their young players? They're willing to overpay for old guys but they don't want to pay the fair price for a guy like Rakell.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Because RFAs don't have much as much leverage in negotiations?

Doesn't change his point. Stoner was glibly handed 3.25 million, Bieksa was re-signed for 4 million before he had even played a game, salary was retained on Maroon for no earthly reason...and then Murray trades a guy like Palmieri because he openly admitted he didn't want to have to pay the guy the year after, and gets into holdouts with key RFA's. It's some terrible money management.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Doesn't change his point. Stoner was glibly handed 3.25 million, Bieksa was re-signed for 4 million before he had even played a game, salary was retained on Maroon for no earthly reason...and then Murray trades a guy like Palmieri because he openly admitted he didn't want to have to pay the guy the year after, and gets into holdouts with key RFA's. It's some terrible money management.

Yes, I think everyone is fully aware he handed out a couple bad contracts. But it doesn't make the point I replied to any smarter. Just about every team is cheap with their young guys, because they just can be. (Impending) UFAs have much more leverage. Some guys shouldn't have been able to use the leverage to get the deals they did out of Murray, but that point actually stands.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Why are the Ducks so cheap with their young players? They're willing to overpay for old guys but they don't want to pay the fair price for a guy like Rakell.

I'm sorry, what? Where is the evidence they are "so cheap" with their young players? They get their RFA's signed to good contracts .

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm sorry, what? Where is the evidence they are "so cheap" with their young players? They get their RFA's signed to good contracts .

He's asking for 6x4, which will end up being a steal in one or two years. There is no way for the Ducks to shed some salary somewhere else to make room for him? You can't risk losing a player like Rakell for the money that you spend on Bieksa.

Oct 18, 2011

agree 10000000% i was fine with him trading Maroon...then he goes and signs a trash player like boll for 2 years.....

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
He's asking for 6x4, which will end up being a steal in one or two years. There is no way for the Ducks to shed some salary somewhere else to make room for him? You can't risk losing a player like Rakell for the money that you spend on Bieksa.

There is room for him, and there is no substantial risk of losing him over extended negotiations. He can't get that type of money anywhere else.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Below 4m for 6years? 20+20 rightshot winger that is climbing in production?

Way way below market. ANA is gouging here.

Even a sheeting 3.6mil x4 until UFA be possible. 2nd round pick territory.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
And if Wild would sheet him for 3.6mil x 4, i d raise glasses.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If he's willing to accept a 3.5x6 contract or something like that then I think he's a serious offersheet threat, he's worth more than that and could probably get it from an offer sheet (if he waits until a team suffers an injury at forward)

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

Well I think having one key RFA in Sweden and the other considering a year in Siberia is evidence, but if that's cool with you/the Ducks I suppose there's no reason to worry.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Well I think having one key RFA in Sweden and the other considering a year in Siberia is evidence, but if that's cool with you/the Ducks I suppose there's no reason to worry.

Another point towards the 'Ducks are cheap' narrative is their star defenceman sitting out and calling them cheap

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Rakaell is in the situation where I'd think its in his own best interests to take a two year bridge instead of ~6 years in the low to mid $3m range.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Bob's had the same tendencies his entire tenure here. Generally gets RFAs signed for good deals that he's highly praised for. Overpays, or at best, gets market value when he's re-signing UFAs.

It's also one of his tendencies to obsess and overpay physical, bottom pairing defenseman. Easily his biggest flaw as a GM.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Below 4m for 6years? 20+20 rightshot winger that is climbing in production?

Way way below market. ANA is gouging here.

Even a sheeting 3.6mil x4 until UFA be possible. 2nd round pick territory.

He has 1 good season and has health problems lately wanting to sign him for cheaper should be understandable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad