Rumor: Rakell to Sibir Novosibirsk

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
If Rakell is seriously asking for 4 million....trade him.

Why? For six years, that wouldn't be unfair. $4M is about the going rate for 20 goals, if that, and one would expect him to continue to develop. And regardless, no matter what he asks, it's no reason to trade him. It's not like he has realistic other options unless an offer sheet rolls along, which there are no signs of.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Why? For six years, that wouldn't be unfair. $4M is about the going rate for 20 goals, if that, and one would expect him to continue to develop. And regardless, no matter what he asks, it's no reason to trade him. It's not like he has realistic other options unless an offer sheet rolls along, which there are no signs of.

Rakell scored many of his goals with Getzlaf and Perry from what I remember.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
So? That's an improvement on many who couldn't.

Meh, Perron did, Penner did, Maroon even did for a bit.

This is no slight to Rakell he's one of my favorite young players, just don't think he deserves a 4 million dollar contract this off season. Rather bridge.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Meh, Perron did, Penner did, Maroon even did for a bit.

This is no slight to Rakell he's one of my favorite young players, just don't think he deserves a 4 million dollar contract this off season. Rather bridge.

I'd rather he signed for four million now than for six million in two years. Silf and Fowler signed the same deal, and they look like they are below market value.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I'd rather he signed for four million now than for six million in two years. Silf and Fowler signed the same deal, and they look like they are below market value.

in 2 years the ducks will have all their bad contracts gone though and fowlers

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
If Rakell is seriously asking for 4 million....trade him.

It's a very fair ask imo. If he takes another step and becomes a 50 point player, it'll look like a steal. Seems to me that the Ducks are the ones being unfair- don't want to sign him to a bridge but not willing to pay 4million for 6, seems like Bob Murray is being Skambud who wants to have his cake & eat it too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad