OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Ugh, Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Pedro K's. That's OK, Neil is going to drive in some runs.

EDIT: well that didn't happen....Neil pops up. Although he should be on first with a walk. Awful strike call during that AB.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Well hopefully the 'substantial part' is coming form the Mets people, and is similar to "a pretty good player"-esque in the Bobby Hill vernacular, haha.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Who would have thought that at any point in the season, this being 3 starts in for the staff, that Volquez would be the best starter so far? That's good and that's bad.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
He's going to be re-signed...

I seriously doubt it. He has what 2 yrs left? They have already tried to re-sign him a couple of seasons ago and he turned them down. He isn't worth what he thinks he is.

As some on here were so fond of trading Alvarez with several yrs left then Walker can also be traded this summer to bring in some real talent.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Who would have thought that at any point in the season, this being 3 starts in for the staff, that Volquez would be the best starter so far? That's good and that's bad.

Not necessarily bad that he's been the best but bad that nobody else is even close

Volquez at 1.71
Liriano 3.96
Morton 4.12
Cole 4.74
Rodriguez 7.31

Goes without saying that has to change drastically.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If given the choice I would much rather sacrifice Volquez's season for the entire rest of the starting rotation.

I'm glad he is doing well, but I didn't think the rest of the staff would be blowing it already.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If given the choice I would much rather sacrifice Volquez's season for the entire rest of the starting rotation.

I'm glad he is doing well, but I didn't think the rest of the staff would be blowing it already.

Yeah exactly. Expectations have been completely reversed to start the year.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Not necessarily bad that he's been the best but bad that nobody else is even close

Volquez at 1.71
Liriano 3.96
Morton 4.12
Cole 4.74
Rodriguez 7.31

Goes without saying that has to change drastically.

Yep, and no Taillon on the way to save the day.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If Wandy can't get himself together soon, it might not be a bad idea to bring Cumpton up. Always felt that he doesn't get enough consideration from the Pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad