OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
In better news, Brewers are down by three going into the bottom of the eighth in Philadelphia. I really don't like our chances to pull this game out, so hopefully that score holds, and worst case scenario we are in the same position we were in after the Brewers series, but on the other side of a tough team.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I still think Freese has value as a solid bat off the bench, but he is just not a guy that should be playing everyday anymore and we are overusing him for no reason.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Phillies held on, which is good news because it looks like we have no chance in this one.

We need to see a better team show up to play tomorrow night in San Francisco. We have to face both Bumgarner and Samardzija, so it's not going to be an easy series win if we can't start hitting the ball better.

Hurdle's been sitting Frazier for some reason, but it's time for Freese to do the same. His defense is great, but the offensive results just aren't there. Especially in Coors Field, there's just no excuse for having an absolute black hole in the middle of your lineup.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thank you Freese for finally doing a good offensive thing. Maybe he'll start coming around -- he's been extremely bad, but I don't want to totally pile on. He was our only good offensive player for a stretch.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Thank you Freese for finally doing a good offensive thing. Maybe he'll start coming around -- he's been extremely bad, but I don't want to totally pile on. He was our only good offensive player for a stretch.

Pile on DJ. He obviously heard you and responded and you know this team always likes to prove you wrong and reverse exactly when you give up.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Good god what a ****ing pathetic performance by this offense. Freeland nibbling around the zone all day and in almost every single case, players gave in and provided free infield practice for the Rockies. Extremely frustrating to watch.

Maybe Nova can toss up another 0 and we can hit against their bullpen, which is pretty inconsistent, but this looks like one where we count our blessings that the Brewers managed to lose a series to the Phillies and the Cards and Cubs are playing each other this weekend.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Looks like sending Nova back out there against Gonzalez and Story was not a wise move.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Hopefully they can put this series behind them and at minimum take two very easy series on paper. A mini-collapse the rest of the way and we'll erase half the work we have managed to do since the break. Making up the ground that we have over 10 games is still extremely impressive, and now we've got a long, 19 game stretch against mediocre and bad teams: Giants, Padres (twice), Reds, Tigers, and Blue Jays. Win all the series and maybe sweep one of them, and we'll still really be in business for the final six weeks of the season.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It's bad, but it's Coors Field. Better to get really hammered and just call it a day, than to be 5 runs down and still technically in the game because of the stadium.

Tomorrow will be a little bit of a test. Cole vs. Cain should really favor us, and you definitely feel like we'll need to have a solid win to feel better about this team.

I don't want to downplay it too much, but I think losing the Rockies series was the most likely result on paper. If we manage to lose another series to the Giants while also having Cole, Taillon, and Williams pitch, then you want NH to be thinking more about who he'll sell a week from tomorrow than what kind of acquisitions he'll buy.

Salarte has certainly become the most intriguing option because of how uncertain Kang's return is, and how certain it is that Freese can't be a mostly everyday player. I don't quite know what it would take to get him, but I'm now hoping he's at the top of NH's list.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I turned the game off to play CSGO, came back during Hurdle's press conference, saw the score, cringed, heard Hurdle say that "we shower well", cringed harder, then turned off the tv again. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad